Lanikai Kohala Standard Ukulele

jamin9306

Reaction score
I just recently picked up this cheep uke at the music store, it does not stay in tune at all. Now i know this is most likely due to the fact that is was $30 but i was wondering if any one had any tips on keeping it in tune. Being a guitar player i tried all the obvious such as tightening the tuning pegs. Would new strings help, the ones it came with are kind of cheep? I was looking at Worth strings i read some were they are good. Now this leads us to our finale problem is the uke a soprano or concert, i think soprano but i am not sure. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks

If the ukulele is indeed a Lanikai Kohala Standard Ukulele, then it's a soprano ukulele. I'm assuming it has 12 frets? If so, then yep; soprano.

As for the strings... I'd suggest you play them for a while so that they can stretch a little. Strum it hard, do pull offs, hammer, tease those strings till no end. If they still give you trouble after about... 3 days of intense playing, get some new strings. That or your tuning pegs are slipping and you'll have to buy new tuners. Let us know how it goes.

And Welcome to UU Jamin9306.

Thanks a bunch that is all what i suspected but it is nice to be reasured

One of the tricks I learned on here (and it works really well)...before you go to bed, tune it a half-step higher (Ab-C#-F-Bb).

Top Bottom