Kala Tenor Acacia Review

Polishing Kala Acacia Tenor

I polished my Kala Solid Acacia with Mequiars Ultimate Compound and it looks great.
This is an automotive rubbing compound. Use a little dab and a bit of elbow grease.

I didn't care for the matte finish and now it just looks great and still sounds the same as before.

I have played guitar for over 30 years and found this tip online when I researched changing a satin finish to a gloss finish.

I LOVE my uke!

Attachments

• KALA1.jpg
    KALA1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 98
  • KALA3.jpg
    KALA3.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 92
  • KALA5.jpg
    KALA5.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 85
  • KALA4.jpg
    KALA4.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 86
  • KALA2.jpg
    KALA2.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Yeah... see what they were talking about with the asymetrical fret board inlays. not a fan personally.

It is obvious the reason Kala doesn't offer a gloss finish on their acacia line is time and money. It isn't because the sound of the uke would be adversely affected if they offered a gloss finish.

For example, Kanilea'a offers their ukes with either a matte or gloss finish. They charge about $80 more for the UV gloss.

For all of us who own a Kala acacia uke, would you have preferred the matte or a gloss finish?

I think it would look a little too flashy then. What with the inlays and headstock already funked up. Happy with matte finish.

I don't have one, but would like one someday. If it was gloss, I would not be as attracted to the instrument. I agree with France. With the slotted headstock and flashy inlays, it just doesn't need a gloss goat.

But I have a thing for satin finishes in general...

hmm if it weren't for the bleeding import tax I'd order the uke this second. but its will end up costing a minimum of 320 euros and thats before customs gets a hold of it. and it I would order it from an european supplier I would pay close to 400 euros xD

hmm if it weren't for the bleeding import tax I'd order the uke this second. but its will end up costing a minimum of 320 euros and thats before customs gets a hold of it. and it I would order it from an european supplier I would pay close to 400 euros xD

All the more reason for you to move to the islands...to get better uke deals
I am going to order one from mgm tomorrow, its going to be such a pain
waiting for it to arive:p

Last edited:
Top Bottom