Where do you keep your ukulele while driving?

NEVER the trunk! i take mine to work every day (i work from my car). it rides on the passenger side floor up front, out of the sun. and is covered with a sweatshirt when i'm not in the car. and i usually take my cheap soprano instead of my pono tenor.

Usually back seat. I occasionally glance back and make sure the sun is not on it periodically. I have not really taken my Pono anywhere except in the evenings. My Lanikai is my traveling uke.

Where I Can RAWK It

You don't need a ukulele in the car unless you're going to play it in the car. Learn to drive with your knees. Go places where the roads are mostly straight. Learn to love stop lights for executing those complicated chord changes. Play it extra hard and loud when somebody in the next car is looking at you. When you make defiant eye contact, they'll look away. Nobody wants to mess with a ukulele player on their own turf.

So I searched the forums... and the word "ukulele" is just used so much that I can't find a thread about this if it's already been posted.

Anyways, I'm going on a trip back home and I want to take my uke with me. It has a case and all that, but where in the car would be the ideal place to put it?

I want it to be sitting up front with me :D but that just seems like a bad idea because I will undoubtedly take it out and play it.
>The back seat, the sun gets to it.
>The trunk... it slides around... but that I can prevent.

You guys/gals? where do you keep your ukes for travel?

You're kidding, right?

I usually lay it across the passenger's seat. I now look forward to waiting in traffic and am in a better mood when I get to work.

My car uke is in a bag strapped to the back of the drivers seat, so at stop lights I can easily reach over with my right hand and pull it over my shoulder and play. I also keep a tuner and a shaker on my dash and a book of simple tunes to play. I usually have a second uke with me or one of my kids has grabbed one of theirs and brought it along. I expect people to play while I drive, other wise I put the Margaritaville station on Sirius on and sing Jimmy Buffett tunes at the top of my lungs. That's torture to my kids so they are happy to play.

If it's what I consider a good day (no sun to melt me), it takes the seat of honour--passenger. If it's a day that makes me melt, I rest it against the passenger seat down with my purse. My friends either get amused of fed up with the fact that I keep my uke so close--sometimes even make them hold it! Thankfully I've got some good sports and I'll let them take it out and strum a little. But I take it absolutely everywhere, even indoors wherever I go, so I like it to be on hand.

Whenever I go home for a weekend of break from college I bring all my ukes with me (hovering around 7 or 8 at any time). I keep them all on cases and lay them behind the front seats on the floor in front of the back seats (honda civic). Then a throw a blanket over them to keep the sun off and make sure the car is kinda cool with the a/c. ;)

lols in my lap :]

or as a hood ornament XDD

We were once rear ended while I had my uke in the car.

After I made sure my kids were okay, I was checking my uke- before the cops came. The guy who hit us was lucky that there was no damage! We ended up waiting for some time before the police did show up, so I was able to get some strumming in :)

If I take mine out with me, I usually keep it with me in the front seat.

Someone should develop a car seat for ukes!

Top Bottom