why do/ what does it mean, when people put "no homo" after something

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only post here and on a Buffett site. You all here on UU are SO polite compared to other sites. I have been here since close to the beginning and I have only read a couple threads that really got peoples hackles up. One taught a young man not to use a certain slang, and that was a good thing, he was truly remorseful at his use of the saying and learned something. Bringing this subject up might make people aware that something used as a joke, might offend others. Yes, spooner, the world is very choked by being so PC, but education, information and awareness are never a bad thing. Many times these slang terms are used out of habit without thinking about how they affect others. At one time these terms; fagot, niger, whop, spic, jap, chink, mic, kik, and wetback were acceptable. Only with education and information did we learn they were derogatory, unacceptable and the recipients did not deserve the negative connotation implied with their use.

My son's name is Michael and we are irish and I call him Mic. The term started when all the irish immigrated over here, many were named Michael or their surname started with Mac. Mickey was a common nickname, and the term Mic was what the more well-to-doers called the lower class irish, especially in Chicago. Most Irish lived in the slums of Chicago on the river south of where the sewers dumped into the river....not a nice area.

Seriously, there's plenty of debate here...all ukulele-related. In a ukulele forum. As it should be. (Go debate which uke strings are the best in the GH forums and they'll probably supress you too!)

I thought the purpose of a general discussion forum was general discussion.

OFMG ANNOYING VOICE!!!

LmFao... i think people shud jz get over it tbh -

Re:GH, I knew Natalia Livingston in college. We were in the same class. She was as nice as person as you could ever hope to meet.

And you should see how they shred her on that silly message board. And her character(S).

I guess my point is that some talk is progressive and some is just talk.

"Talking a lot about less and less and forgetting the love we bring"

I think it was Robert Hunter who said that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I only used it because fat and jolly is an obvious reference to Santa. Overweight and jolly would probably have been more offensive. :)

hmpf. It's just a technicality but actually Santa is an elf -- a right jolly old one at that -- with a droll little mouth and a little round belly. Hell, he's prolly only two inches tall?! Obviously a nasty repercussion from years of prolonged pipe-tobacco inhalation. :D

...no hmo = living without health insurance...

:rofl:

No good can come of this thread any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom