Uke Resources

Kanaka916

Reaction score
Any additions, corrections and comments to this thread . . . post them here.

Ukulele reviews, songs, links, history and more:
Ian Chadwick's ukulele page
I also sometimes blog on uke-related issues or instruments (link on the above page).

Ian, I enjoyed your Tequila history and the Pinoy connection to tequila making. :shaka:

Last edited:
The song book for Ukulele Club of Santa Cruz seems to have gone away. I've tried it a couple of times lately without success. Hope it's just temporary, it's a good resource.

The song book for Ukulele Club of Santa Cruz seems to have gone away. I've tried it a couple of times lately without success. Hope it's just temporary, it's a good resource.

I have both volumes, and if UCSC doesn't mind it being redistributed, I can put it up somewhere.

--Mark

Yea, I guess you're probably gonna need permission of some sort. It used to be a free download and now their songbooks are for sale for $30 each + shipping. Here's the link in case anyone is interested.

Speaking of songbooks...

I'm not quite ready to share it with the world yet, but I'm working on a collaborative web site for managing a library of songs in ChordPro format. It's kind of in alpha right now, and I anticipate doing some testing with the group I play with over the next several weeks.

Here's a list of the features:

• Moderated content. Songs are test-driven for accuracy before being put in the library but are still available for download individually if folks want to try them out.
  • View or print an individual song as a PDF
  • Assemble a list of songs into a songbook
  • Include existing songbooks in others (i.e., if you're doing a holiday songbook, you can include the Christmas and Hanukkah songbooks without having to duplicate their song lists)
  • Print an entire songbook as a PDF
  • Print only songs in a songbook that have been added or updated since your copy was printed.
  • Embedded YouTube video on song pages (if available)
  • Links to buy the song as an
    MP3 at Amazon.com on song pages (if available)
The item in blue above is key -- the guy who hosts our song circle was getting fed up with the wasted paper and expense involved in making sure everyone had songs.

If you represent a club or song circle and might be interested in something like this for your group, drop me a line and I'll get in touch with you when I'm ready for others to try it out.

--Mark

I found this one too!
So, I did a search and found this thread.

I FOUND THIS:

Ukulele Hall of Fame Museum

15 Concord Ave
Cranston, RI, 02910
401-461-1668

URL : http://www.ukulele.org

overview : The Ukulele Hall of Fame Museum was founded in 1996 - Our Mission is to document, preserve and promote the history of the ukulele, its players and makers as well as to inspire and engage people everywhere in the perpetuation of the ukulele and ukulele music through performances and exhibits.

collections : The Museum is currently in search of an appropriate public site to house the collection of books, tapes, records, CDs, photographs, and uke ephemera.

Awesome! You have all the ones I use :)

Thanks Paul, I hope it's very beneficial to our members having these uke related links on one thread. As I've said, if there are other links you know of, please post it here.

Top Bottom