OK to use aquila concert high G string on my tenor kamaka, which has worth low G now?

Howie1947

Reaction score
Any thoughts much appreciated. Have a set of Aquila concerts and was thinking about swapping out my low G worth with the high G Aquila concert?

Any thoughts much appreciated. Have a set of Aquila concerts and was thinking about swapping out my low G worth with the high G Aquila concert?

I have changed strings more times than I care to count...you can easily switch between low g and high g strings. Although I've never used concert strings on a tenor before. But my only thought would be that the worth are extra long strings (usually enough for two sets) and that may be why they fit your tenor Kamaka. The Aquilas won't be as long as the Worth ones were.

If it's long enough, you can put them on. But why put recaps on a Porsche? Get the full appreciation from your KAMAKA, and get the right strings.

Top Bottom