Kamoa Pineapple or Kamoa tenor?

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Im new to this awesome forum:) Ive been searching info about ukuleles for a while and i found Ukulele Underground! I have a question and i hope u guys can help me out:D

Im maybe planning to buy an Ukulele! and i have my thoughts about 2 kinds of ukuleles in the Ukelele Underground store. I was thinking about the kamoa pineapple and the kamoa tenor. Only i dont really know wich one to purchase and if i can purchase it. I already have a little guitar experience (i am playing everyday for a year or so). So playing an instrument is not completely new for meh.

The reason im doubting is that the first guitar i bought was relatively not so pro because i wanted to try it out and didnt knew it was my thing yet. But its a good guitar but i still have a little regret that i didnt bought a more pro-er one. So im planning to buy an ukelele and i liked the kamoa pineapple! It has great tone and a cool shape. But should i buy a soprano pineapple or a kamoa tenor? Tenor seems to have a larger fretboard wich i think it has more tones? I could be wrong though xD. I just want to buy a first good ukulele without regrets.

And oh.. i live in the Netherlands... is it possible to buy an ukulele on Ukulele Underground? what are the shipping prices etc. etc...

Sorry for such a long post i hope u guys are willing to help me out xD

well.. it's a tough call for both you and me. My first ukulele was the standard size, a soprano. It had 12 frets on its neck. I didn't have any previous stringed instrument experience before so I didn't know what to expect. I spent about $35 USD on it. But I later went and bought a concert size for $100 USD and then a tenor for $900 USD.

So.. In total I spent about 1000 dollars on three ukuleles, but I could have just bought one 1100 to begin with.

It's a matter of risk that you play with. IF you do spend a lot on an ukulele, and you don't like it, can you resell it for the same value or slightly less? If you can, then you should buy the more expensive one if you can afford it. But if you don't like it, you're going to have to try and resell it, or act as if you lost " a lot of money"
If you are not sure about the instrument, but want to get your feet wet, and see if you like the ukulele, you should buy the Kamoa Pineapple. It's relatively inexpensive when it comes to ukuleles and it sounds great from what I hear.

The more frets you have, the more notes you can hit, but as Aldrine said in one of his videos:

http://ukuleleunderground.com/2009/06/12/uke-got-mail-ep29-best-size-for-all-genres-wheres-mika/

each ukulele can fit any song style, just the fret length might prove to be an issue.

As for the shipping to the Netherlands, you can go to the store and buy something and have it shipped to the NEtherlands. But.. it doesn't say how much Shipping and handling costs are. The subtotal says it's free... but I highly doubt that.

Hmmmmmmm yeaah... i really want to try both ukuleles.. but too bad there arent any ukulele shops/guitarshops with ukuleles in the neighbourhood where i live so i could try it out. I guess i just have to buy it to see xD. I saw videos on youtube about the kamoa pineapple and the sound is pretty good :O so it cant be that bad. And maybe its a good starter, maybe if im into the ukulele playing i could buy a better one if nescessary.

Ohh well... you gotta take risks in your life :p Im going to give it a shot. Thanks for the awesome reply :D.

I finally made a decision (im going for the pineapple) and attempted to buy it through the UU store. I clicked checkout and it directed me to paypal. The problem now is that the whole paypal page is chinese xD? Checked out several times and it still is chinese. Tried logging in on paypal but it didnt work because my paypal account is not chinese probably. I know this sounds silly but could someone help me out :confused:

hehe :eek:

I finally made a decision (im going for the pineapple) and attempted to buy it through the UU store. I clicked checkout and it directed me to paypal. The problem now is that the whole paypal page is chinese xD? Checked out several times and it still is chinese. Tried logging in on paypal but it didnt work because my paypal account is not chinese probably. I know this sounds silly but could someone help me out :confused:

hehe :eek:

weird... it uhh... was in English for me. If it still doesn't work, email the administrators and they might be able to take payment and send one your way.

BTW Welcome to Ukulele Underground!

Mike

Thnx :D

weird... it uhh... was in English for me. If it still doesn't work, email the administrators and they might be able to take payment and send one your way.

I tried to order on my bros laptop and its in english! Yay~

thnx for helping me out specialmike:shaka:

Kamoa

I have a Kamoa concert (my first uke) and have been very pleased with it. The build is good, the sound is surprisingly good for the price, and it plays well. The only minor issue I had was that the fretboard was a bit dry, but a little lemon oil and it's perfect. I'm sure you'll love your pineapple!

Well we'll see ^^". I think ima go order it tomorrow and ima let you know if its something xD Gotta wait for a week or so probably (i think).

The Kamoa ukes are a good choice for a first uke. Really impressed with the sound. One cool thing about them is that even the sopranos have a lot more frets than most. Hope you enjoy yours!

Well i hope its going to be a good uke for meh. Didnt knew it has more frets than the most :O.. oh wel only a plus for me! :D

Ordered it today and takes about 10 days till it arrives. Shipping costs are going to be like 35 dollars or something like that to ship it from hawaii to the netherlands.

Yeah! the ukulele has arrived today and it's awesome! :D It has very good sound and it is very light. It comes with black nylon strings. However i would love to have white strings with it but i don't mind the black ones :). I even got a cool UU sticker with it :D so i'm totally happy right now. Shipping costs were only 18 dollars! so i was really cool with that xD

I would highly recommend this ukulele!

Yeah! the ukulele has arrived today and it's awesome! :D It has very good sound and it is very light. It comes with black nylon strings. However i would love to have white strings with it but i don't mind the black ones :). I even got a cool UU sticker with it :D so i'm totally happy right now. Shipping costs were only 18 dollars! so i was really cool with that xD

I would highly recommend this ukulele!

Congratulations on your new 'ukulele, now you can join the pineapple patch social group. WOW only $18 for shipping from Hawaii to Netherlands? What a deal, spent more shipping coffee to my friend in the UK.

Top Bottom