Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: so im going to hawaii..

Default so im going to hawaii..

ill be leaving to oahu on wednesday for about a week....
    i am planning on buying a uke out there...
    anyone know about any good stops???

Give my friend Tangi a call. Tell him Dean from HPD sent you. He has ukulele's in all different price ranges. Another good thing is that you are buying directly from him and not through a retailer. Here is his website.

http://www.tangiukuleles.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    Give my friend Tangi a call. Tell him Dean from HPD sent you. He has ukulele's in all different price ranges. Another good thing is that you are buying directly from him and not through a retailer. Here is his website.

http://www.tangiukuleles.net/
    hey Dino, is it cool if i give your friend a call too when i go?

Default Going to waikiki

Hey guys can't have 2 out of 3 without the third person. ha .i am also going to be in waikiki I will be there on the 5th of april and looking to purchase a tenor .Do we get better deals for 3 ukuleles??

In Oahu, check out Good Guys Music & Sound, Dan's Guitars, & Hawaii Music Supply for a pretty good selection and great prices. Check out Ukulele Pua Pua at Waikiki for a pretty wide selection, although the prices are not as good (everything on Waikiki is expensive). Of course, you should also pay musicguymic a visit if possible. If you have the budget for a high end custom, pay Shawn Yacavone a visit. He's great.

I was in Oahu this past January. My ukulele advantures during that trip could be read here.
    Visit the ukulele ghetto

Too many ukes!: W. King ls-tenor; W. King ls-concert; Kamaka tenor; Koa Works tenor; KoAloha Pineapple Sunday; Dasilva Santo repro; Aaron Taylor tenor; Kiwaya KTS-7; Kanile'a custom SS; Kepasa Gypsy Rose; Bluegrass cigar box tenor; Collings UC-1; Bushman cedartone baritone; Glyph Mezzo Soprano "Mini-Jake"; Kala acacia pocket; Mya-Moe Concert Tradition; Epiphone Les Paul; Martin C1K

Quote Originally Posted by dafamcallsmebj View Post
    ill be leaving to oahu on wednesday for about a week....
    i am planning on buying a uke out there...
    anyone know about any good stops???
    You might also check out Craigslist (if you have access to computer) and the local papers. There are several others who specialize in custom builds but here's a list of the ones often mentioned . . . BTW, they are all O'ahu based. Good Luck and have a fun.

G String
    Derek Shimizu
    99-1451 Koaha Pl.
    Halawa Valley, HI
    808-487-1193

Kamaka
    550 South Street
    Honolulu, HI 96813
    1-808-531-3165 office
    1-808-531-3167 fax

Ko'olau
    401 N.Cane Street
    Unit A-10
    Wahiawa, Hawaii 96786
    phone: 808-622-1064
    fax: 808-622-1646
    e-mail: sales@koolauukulele.com

KoAloha
    744 Kohou Street
    Honolulu, HI 96817
    Phone: (808) 847-4911
    Toll Free in the USA: 866-840-4911
    Email: info@koaloha.com

Kanilea
    46-216 Kahuhipa Street #3
    Kaneohe, Hawaii 96744
    U.S. toll free number: 1-866-334-2868
    Office number: 1-808-234-2868
    Fax number: 1-808-234-2868

im staying in kilua and im right down the street from a msic shop called Coconut Grove and i found the uke that i wanted...
    its a Kala KA-JTE2TS... its an archtop tenor kala... for 325... any thoughts?
    heres what it looks like... its cheaper through kala but they ae out of stock...

you should go to kamaka...i think on tuesdays, they give a tour of their factory at around 10:30ish and i heard that it's amazing. You may not buy an ukulele there, but just go for the experience. =D

Quote Originally Posted by dafamcallsmebj View Post
    im staying in kilua and im right down the street from a msic shop called Coconut Grove and i found the uke that i wanted...
    its a Kala KA-JTE2TS... its an archtop tenor kala... for 325... any thoughts?
    heres what it looks like... its cheaper through kala but they ae out of stock...

$325 is too much for that one. musicguymic has it for less here. And I'm pretty sure some of the music stores in Oahu actually has better prices if they got it in stock. You should shop around.
    Visit the ukulele ghetto

Too many ukes!: W. King ls-tenor; W. King ls-concert; Kamaka tenor; Koa Works tenor; KoAloha Pineapple Sunday; Dasilva Santo repro; Aaron Taylor tenor; Kiwaya KTS-7; Kanile'a custom SS; Kepasa Gypsy Rose; Bluegrass cigar box tenor; Collings UC-1; Bushman cedartone baritone; Glyph Mezzo Soprano "Mini-Jake"; Kala acacia pocket; Mya-Moe Concert Tradition; Epiphone Les Paul; Martin C1K

yeah... i know its a bit much... but usicguymike isnt available until april 10 and i want the uke now so i wont have to pay shipping... other stores i went didnt have it in stock... plus the store is right by where im staying... but im going to the swap meet tomorrow to look around too... we'll see what happens..
    Last edited by dafamcallsmebj; 04-04-2008 at 09:51 PM.

Thread Information