Somebody help me!

BrotherUke

Reaction score
All I wanted to do was to get something to strum while hanging out on my sailboat. I thought about a 3/4 size guitar but it really was still too big for a small boat. Then there was this little ukulele. A Mitchell MU100..... perfect! I realized that it wasn't a professional grade instrument but I have to say it was very easy on the eyes and the laminate body would stand up well to the harsh environment of the boat.

As so many have suggested, I put a set of Martin clear uke strings on it and that really woke it up. It actually has a very pleasant tone. Now I'm totally and completely addicted. I've put more time on this little instrument in a week than I have on any of my three guitars over the past six months. I just can't put it down. I also can't get away from this site except to spend some time drooling at the Kamaka site.

Thanks to you guys I now am completely comfortable with the idea that one ukulele is not enough. I clearly need one for the boat and one to keep at home - to refine my skills of course. This time it will be in a protected environment so it would have to be solid koa. Man that Kamaka 4 string tenor is looking soooo good. I'm afraid my wife is going to leave me if I do this ... I sure will miss her! Somebody help me!

Last edited:
Sounds like an easy choice to me...

Welcome BrotherUke!

I am sorry I have to be the one to say this but, there is no helping what you have just been infected with. If you want we can encourage new ukulele purchases.:D

You also need one for the car (I'm sure there are stop lights between your house and boat). Plus you'll need an outdoor uke to compliment you indoor uke. Then you need to make sure you have a soprano, a concert, and a tenor...:D

...And at leaast one fluke, and a flea, and a cigarbox, and a banjolele, and...I just turned a room in my house into the "ukulele room" !
:eek:

one for the car, the boat, the bathroom, the other car, the family room, the basement, the laundry room, the bedroom, the friends house, the other friends house, the living room, the other bathroom, the porch, the campfire, the doghouse, the kitchen, the fridge, and finally...one for the dining room to serenade your friends and family whilste eating. Then you MIGHT be cured of UAS. (not a chance)

one for the car, the boat, the bathroom, the other car, the family room, the basement, the laundry room, the bedroom, the friends house, the other friends house, the living room, the other bathroom, the porch, the campfire, the doghouse, the kitchen, the fridge, and finally...one for the dining room to serenade your friends and family whilste eating. Then you MIGHT be cured of UAS. (not a chance)

you forgot "one for your workplace" ;)

In case someone takes my answer the wrong way, I meant buy one for your wife.

I feel your pain, I've only had mine for about a month. an I... must ... have .... more....
Maybe I should do a parody to the Brad Paisley song about fishing. mmm??? what rhymes with UAS.

Top Bottom