Aldrine Guerrero in CALIFORNIA! August 09!

Aldrine Guerrero

Ukulele Underground Staff
Reaction score
In a tiny rock in the middle of the sea :D
The story:
We were planning a tour this summer but there were a lot of factors that held us back from doing so. I wanted to take on a big project this summer so I decided to try and arrange a little mini California tour by myself. I've always wanted to come back to the mainland and experience it all over again since I left. This time I'll get to perform and I'll have more free time to hang out and get to know anyone who decides to come out. I'm still in the process of finalizing everything but I figured I'd make a thread and have your input, ideas, and suggestions in as well. Ready? GO!

The planned route:
I arrive in the Bay Area on Friday August 7. Plan to stay there till Monday the 10th, then head out to Huntington Beach. Leave HB on Thursday the 13th to San Diego and leave to go back to Hawaii on Monday the 17th. So a good 4 days in each city. So if you live in any of those cities, please spread the word!

SHOWS (will be adding more) :

Confirmed:
Mike DaSilvas
SATURDAY! August 8, 2009
6pm

$20 at the door
Also performing:
Monique Macasaet (xticklesmilex)
Dominator
russ_buss and Deach
2547 8th Street, Suite 28
Berkeley, CA 94710
510 649-1548
This one might be a bit pricey but with so many performers, you'll get your money's worth! :D

HUNTINGTON BEACH
Monday, August 10, 2009
Aldrine will be performing in Huntington Beach on Monday, August 10th at 6:00 pm. Tickets will be $10. Tickets must be purchased ahead of time and will be purchased through me. We have limited seating of 50. PM me if you wish to purchase tickets and I will pm you with details.
ALSO PERFORMING:
AddiB and TrinaB
Barefoot Wahine's

Pacific arts dance studio
SATURDAY! August 15th, 2009
Seminar and concert
5-6pm Seminar
630-730 Concert
$20 for seminar
$10 for concert
$25 for both
6904 MIRAMAR RD., SUITE #104
SAN DIEGO, CA 92121

Meet up suggestions:

Let's hold some UU meet ups while I'm there! Throw out your suggestions for places and such.

Bay Area:
Sunday August 9th
12 noon until whenever
Lindley Meadow (in Golden Gate Park)
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&cl...8&z=16&iwloc=A

Huntington Beach:
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Aldrine will be hosting a Jam at the Beach on Tuesday, August 11th at 12 noon at Pier Plaza in Huntington Beach next to the pier. This event is free. Parking nearby in the beach lot is $12, but you may find free parking in the surrounding area, or parking meters on Main Street. Bring your ukulele and join us. Please no amps, city of HB prohibits them.

San Diego:
hey guys, i dont know if you guys have been keeping track of aldrine's visit to california, but he will be in san diego from august 13-16.

and he wants to have a jam session.

last time i spoke to him, it looks like sunday the 16th would be the best day to do it. during the day. like starting around noon.

so here is my suggestion...
mission bay has always been a good central area for folks as far down as chula vista to escondido. so i was thinking to have it where we had our first ukulele underground jam session. DE ANZA COVE.

there is plenty of parking. there are amenities. there is a playground nearby. there are bonfire pits. there is water (and believe me there are fish in them waters, but make sure you have a fishing license).

the only thing is... its a sunday in the middle of summer. so with the sun out and barbecue season being in full effect, someone will need to be out there EARLY to make sure we get a spot.

what better way to set up a jam session than to coordinate it with the visit of the guy who started UU up for us! (with of course the major intervention and assistance of ryan and aaron!!!)

I'll add more to this thread as I gather more information on everything. I just thought I'd make a thread now to see if anyone else has any suggestions on where to have meet ups, venues they could suggest, or anything else. I'm there for fun but I wanna do as much music as possible :D

-Aldrine

Last edited:
Huntington Beach meet up would be best on a weekend. That way the LA folks can try and attend. The traffic can be really bad if you go at the wrong time. It took me two hours to get to Long Beach recently, which is about twice as long as it should take. I swore, "I will never leave my apartment again", at least on a weekday at 4 in the afternoon.

–Lori

Huntington Beach meet up would be best on a weekend. That way the LA folks can try and attend. The traffic can be really bad if you go at the wrong time. It took me two hours to get to Long Beach recently, which is about twice as long as it should take. I swore, "I will never leave my apartment again", at least on a weekday at 4 in the afternoon.

–Lori

I'm gonna be leaving HB before the weekend though... :(

hey AG i just sent you a PM with some ideas.. i live in HB about two blocks from Island Bizarre..

also DATS has some shows in CA around this same time! she is amazing and would be cool to see both.. or to have you do a show with her

http://www.myspace.com/danielleatethesandwich for those that don't know of her..

SUPER EXCITED about meeting you.. hit me up..

d

PM me if you want to crash at my place while your in HB.

Did you get in touch with Shirley for a gig at Island Bizaar?

PM me if you want to crash at my place while your in HB.

Did you get in touch with Shirley for a gig at Island Bizaar?

Apparently Island Bazaar is all booked for the rest of the year. They emailed and said they were all booked. Salukulady is helping me set something up in HB. PM me your number and I'll give you a call. Let's work something out as well. I think I have a place to stay but I might need someone to take me places since I'm not old enough to rent a car hahah. I'll gladly offer a lesson in return :D

Apparently Island Bazaar is all booked for the rest of the year. They emailed and said they were all booked. Salukulady is helping me set something up in HB. PM me your number and I'll give you a call. Let's work something out as well. I think I have a place to stay but I might need someone to take me places since I'm not old enough to rent a car hahah. I'll gladly offer a lesson in return :D

Just sent you a PM.

Socal UU meet up

At disneyland!

If I wasn't going to be in Canada for scuba diving that week, you bet I'd fly out to CA for that!

s** for lesson from AG. I'll carry you around SoCal on my back bro. Even if I had plans, I'll will go ahead and cancel them for this. Lemme know if I could help in anyway while you are here is Socal even if just for rides

I'll probably head out to SD too :shaka:

Haha.. Cant wait
:D:D:D

Wow, a double dose of Aldrine and I do not even need to leave my home state! It turns out I have to go up to the Bay Area for training from 8/4 to 8/7, so I will be up there, and then driving back to HB over the weekend. A UU meetup at Disneyland would be great for me since I have an annual pass, but might be expensive for many others. I think we could easily meet either at the beach or Central Park (central park has free parking). I can't wait to meet you! I would like to offer help getting you around but that depends on how much work I'm doing that week, coming off of a week away from the office it might be rough during the day as I work in LA. I will PM you my email and cell in case you need any HB info or assistance though. It seems like if you are in HB on Tuesday evening you could easily come to Kolohe at Island Bazaar and jam with us!

Can't wait to see the show

hey Aldrine i am a marine in iraq n of course i had to bring my ukulele with me n i been here tryin to still learn what i can but i'm gonna be back in the states in a few weeks n i would love to hear you jam out. Thieir are plentey of ukulele players in cali who are down to hear some good music so i hope you get it all put together i wont miss it
SHOOTZ TO ALL:shaka:
CAZ

Top Bottom