Video Help

Craig

Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm trying to figure out how to get ukulele chord diagrams into a video. I have a Mac and iMovie. Any thought's or ideas?

The only thing I can think of is to capture a chord diagram as a graphic image. (Transparent GIF comes to mind) and use it as a video overlay.

I've been meaning to ask "Ukulele Mike" (Michael Lynch a.k.a. musicteacher2009 on YouTube) but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Last edited:
The only thing I can think of is to capture a chord diagram as a graphic image. (Transparent GIF comes to mind) and use it as a video overlay.

I've been meaning to ask "Ukulele Mike" (Michael Lynch a.k.a. musicteacher2009 on YouTube) but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Thanks Dave. I have a couple of emails out to Mike, but haven't heard back yet.

Hey All,

I'm trying to figure out how to get ukulele chord diagrams into a video. I have a Mac and iMovie. Any thought's or ideas?

I have seen images added to the slideshow or video via video editing program. I have also seen the chord shapes be added in transparent PNG files. The latter is a cool added touch, but, be mindful of placement for easy visibility.

You can always use quicktime to record your desktop, then edit that movie clip into your video in iMovie.

I wasn't an UU member back then, but I think you'll find the great 'Ukulele Mike' sadly passed away in January last year. Just for your info.

The easiest way is to draw it, take a picture, and insert it into the iMovie timeline by dragging it. I save all the photos I’m going to need for a video to my desktop before I start working on the video and it cuts down on time hunting for it while my battery is being eaten alive by iMovie. ;-)

Top Bottom