Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to hold a contest

Arrow How to hold a contest

• A contest should have a tangible prize, whether it's a pack of mints or a brand new car.
    • A challenge is competition where reward is the completion of a task.
    • Having others do work for you and disguising it as a challenge is lame. Instead of holding a contest, just post "I need some help blah blah blah." There are plenty of helpful people here.

Every contest should contain the following:

• some sort of theme
    • specific rules (ie you must say "this is for the blah blah blah contest" at the beginning of the video)
    • end date (2-4 weeks is plenty of time)
    • number of entries permmited
    • judging criteria
    • prize

- Contest holders should announce winners in a timely fashion. If people are entering your contest, show them a little courtesy in return.

South east louisiana.. below new orleans.. yes there is stuff below new orleans besides water

preach on oh mighty deach !

Are you challenging us to contest your competitive views?
    sigs disabled kthxbai

Quote Originally Posted by UkeNinja View Post
    Are you challenging us to contest your competitive views?

Lolz.

Sticky this!

Quote Originally Posted by haole View Post
    Sticky this!
    Indeed!
    Demons run when a good man goes to war. Night will fall and drown the sun when a good man goes to war. Friendship dies and true love lies. Night will fall and the dark will rise when a good man goes to war. Demons run but count the cost; the battle's won but the child is lost.

YouTube
    Twitter Follow?

Deach - your MmmBop contest was what inspired me to host my own...it was just too much fun seeing all the entries!!!

(and I'm sorry for bringing back up that time in your life that you probably wish to forget forever...)

Thank you for clarifying a contest vs. challenge

Quote Originally Posted by deach View Post
    • A contest should have a tangible prize, whether it's a pack of mints or a brand new car.
    • A challenge is competition where reward is the completion of a task.
    • Having others do work for you and disguising it as a challenge is lame. Instead of holding a contest, just post "I need some help blah blah blah." There are plenty of helpful people here.

Every contest should contain the following:

• some sort of theme
    • specific rules (ie you must say "this is for the blah blah blah contest" at the beginning of the video)
    • end date (2-4 weeks is plenty of time)
    • number of entries permmited
    • judging criteria
    • prize

- Contest holders should announce winners in a timely fashion. If people are entering your contest, show them a little courtesy in return.
    spot on !!!!!!!!!!!

Youtube | Facebook http://twitter.com/#!/stephenUKE

Mainland red cedar tenor Lanikai O-8 from MIM! Luna HONU Soprano. Gold Tone Concert Banjo . I am converting people to the ukulele one strum at a time

If there were a contest for "best post about how to hold a contest," then Deach's post would win, hands-down.

And I bet the prize would be something awesome, like... a pony, with spots shaped like ukuleles!

You know what, why doesn't UU have a commitee to provide contest guidance to the contest runners and maybe do the (masked) judging, that way we know the contests are on a level playing field, and it's not so hard for one person to pick winner(s). It would keep things timely, and light hearted! I would volunteer as a judge...or am I just spitting into the wind?

It's ouuurs, precious...It's our ukeses and we wants it, we needs it, we MUST haveses it! They might buyses it firsts, our ukeses in filthy, dirrty handses!

Fluke mango concert (Britney), Koa Pili Koko tenor (Beyonce), Melokia pineapple soprano (Miley), Kala kiwi soprano (Kylie), Brad D. superconcert (Fiona), Doane Clone baritone (Bjork), Cigar box tenor (Bonnie), Lanikai cedar deluxe concert (Katy)

Thread Information