Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to hold a contest

Quote Originally Posted by Ukeffect View Post
    You know what, why doesn't UU have a commitee to provide contest guidance to the contest runners and maybe do the (masked) judging, that way we know the contests are on a level playing field, and it's not so hard for one person to pick winner(s). It would keep things timely, and light hearted! I would volunteer as a judge...or am I just spitting into the wind?
    Starting to sound like Big Brother here.

Of course contests aren't on a level playing field. What deach would pick and what I would pick are probably two different choices. Same for anybody. Guidelines are fine and good. Making people follow them are a whole different story.

I hope this isn't about mine man..

I know it sucks I don't have prizes or anything.. I just thought it be cool to get a UU member to get a banner up for us..

I do have 2 contests in my head that follow with what you define a contest as.. One I think could be really freaking fun if it's done correctly. I just don't have the funds to get prizes for it.. yet.

That being said, as soon as I do get some sort of prizes.. I will be posting it, but not really sure how soon that'll be. I love UU and don't want to make it seem like I'm trying to get a banner cheaply or something.. I'm just broke.
    KoAloha Supported Artist.
    Colmesuke.com

Quote Originally Posted by CoLmes View Post
    I hope this isn't about mine man..
    I made this list because there are so many "contests" running now. I thought it would be a helpful checklist for contest holders.

This list is compiled from my experiences of contests and entering contests.

A good example of how to run a contest - any official UU contest.

A good example of how to create a challenge - GrumpyCoyoteTune's Bring a Song Challenge
    Last edited by deach; 07-28-2009 at 02:24 AM.

I think mine meets all of that criteria - with exception of the duration but I explained the reasoning behind that when I started the contest. I don't THINK i'm doing anything wrong... but i'm sure someone would tell me if I was.

Quote Originally Posted by ukeshale View Post
    I think mine meets all of that criteria - with exception of the duration but I explained the reasoning behind that when I started the contest. I don't THINK i'm doing anything wrong... but i'm sure someone would tell me if I was.
    Like Deach said - it's just a helpful checklist...he's not making "RULES" for running a contest. Your contest has been so much fun - don't worry about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    If there were a contest for "best post about how to hold a contest," then Deach's post would win, hands-down.

And I bet the prize would be something awesome, like... a pony, with spots shaped like ukuleles!
    I want that pony!
    óGregory (has no tea)

Quote Originally Posted by ukeshale View Post
    I can't wait to put together an entry for your contest when I get back from vacation. Awesome stuff.
    óGregory (has no tea)

Quote Originally Posted by lisaxy424 View Post
    Like Deach said - it's just a helpful checklist...he's not making "RULES" for running a contest. Your contest has been so much fun - don't worry about it!
    i hear ya! just checkin in

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenotea View Post
    I can't wait to put together an entry for your contest when I get back from vacation. Awesome stuff.
    cool! can't wait

I'm now inspired to hold a contest. A good one, hopefully.

Still lusting after a Lava Flea and someday, a tenor, maybe?

i have yet to hold a contest contest... but i will be sure to check off my deach check list when i do... so many good ones going on right now... with good prizes!! i am loving the soul/motown banjo uke contest! holler!

d

Thread Information