Any knows any good online lessons for learning guitar?

ferdin

Reaction score
After sitting around and wishing I knew how to play the guitar, I've finally decided to just go ahead and learn. I’m not new to music by any means, I've been playing violin and piano since I was 5 years old (I'm now 24) and have been in some light touch with the guitar.
My biggest problem now is where to start. I also understand that there are two different types of acoustic guitars: steel-string and classical. I'd actually like to learn a bit of both...to be able to play some classical guitar (John Williams blows me away) along with some more light-hearted Jack Johnson-type stuff. I plan on taking some online lessons to help get me started and want to have a source that can match all the needs I want like learning all the chords,. I just don’t it to be over soon, but practice with daily lessons.
Suggest me something that I can look upon …… Sorry for the long post and thanks for your help!

Keep an eye on learn-guitar-free - it's currently under construction, being designed by a music student on Newcastle-on-Tyne's folk music degree course. Anyone heard of The Sage in Newcastle? Kisses to everyone.

It’s always good to have some prior knowledge other then just going on the net and imagine you being spoon-fed. I have just been over with my teaching lessons from a teacher and due to my busy schedule I had missed some classes which I could not get back. Then I decided to learn guitar online. That is Hotstrings.HotStrings—the source for the easy way to learn guitar. Download the free viewer and courses directly to your PC. Learn the chords, licks and shredding techniques of seasoned professionals. Master easy daily exercises with real songs and a real band.

I'd start out with DVD's in the style you're interested in. I understand the appeal of Classical guitar, but that is a highly specialized area and to truly learn requires personal instruction. You can always score a nylon stringed Classical guitar and play it as a crossover instrument. The fretboard is wider (2") and non-radiused (flat).

This is a good source for dvd instruction in most guitar styles:
www.homespuntapes.com

Online instruction can be expensive. The DVD's offer a lot of info and you can pick your level - beginner, intermediate, etc.

"HotStrings—the source for the easy way to learn guitar.":rolleyes: Puhleeeze... There ain't no easy way to learn guitar. It's an enjoyable lifetime pursuit, but it is challenging. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Good luck man. I'm new to uke but been playing guitar a long time and I'm still not where I want to be.:D

Iperform 3D

That program has helped me alot. You can download it from guitar center's website and they give you some free lessons to try out. The guy plays what your going to learn, and then this 3D guy shows up and you can look at different angles of whats being played and stuff like that. Its pretty sweet

I'm taking up classical guitar lessons

I'm taking up classical guitar lessons and I am also lifting weights. I would like to ask if lifting weights would hinder my ability to master finger-styling in guitar since I think when you lift weights your nerves which are what connects your brain and body parts will be overworked. And that your finger movements will somehow be affected. I am doing simple dumbbell exercises such as bicep curls, triceps exercise.

I would like to ask if lifting weights would hinder my ability to master finger-styling in guitar since I think when you lift weights your nerves which are what connects your brain and body parts will be overworked. And that your finger movements will somehow be affected. I am doing simple dumbbell exercises such as bicep curls, triceps exercise.

I work out twice every day, bicep curls, bench press, push ups, sit ups and pull ups and crunches and a 3 mile run once a day and a bunch of other stuff. Finding no problem with finger styling.

I work out twice every day, bicep curls, bench press, push ups, sit ups and pull ups and crunches and a 3 mile run once a day and a bunch of other stuff. Finding no problem with finger styling.
Yep I second that. :) Working out has never given me a problem with playing.

I just picked up an acoustic guitar and I have been using this site to learn my first song:
http://www.guitarnoise.com/article.php?id=36
My wife recognized my mistimed version of it after about 30 min. of learning(I think she saw the paperwork I printed out and was just trying to be nice though).

Here's his page with a bunch of beginner song lessons from which I learned Wallflowers-3 marlenas, Margaritaville, I shot the sherrif, and Hurt by Cash on the Uke! Its a great site with the songs broken down into separate MP3's after the written instruction. He also has a bunch of intermediate songs and he even gives you the strum patterns! Great site.

http://www.guitarnoise.com/easy.php

I've used musicmoose.org before. They have many different instruments to choose from, as well as many different difficulty levels and styles....so it's a little hard to navigate, but the lessons are very good

Hmmm I teach guitar in my area but I may look into giving webcam lessons, if that's what your more interested in. Hit me up we can work out something :)

This may sound silly.. but I learned how to play guitar off of youtube!! Theres SO many tutorials on there. You can search "main chords for guitar, tutorial" and you get over 13,000 results. If theres a song you want to learn just search it on there and BAM there it is (or maybe not..) but you know what I mean. I learned 10 different songs, learned how to pick, learned how to read tabs, and even wrote a song on the guitar. All thanks to youtube!! :)

Acoustic Guitar Lessons

If in case there is anyone who is in search of a good online source for learning guitar then do give a try to this site. It is one of the preferred option when it comes to gathering useful information related to guitar. The online lessons does answer most of the queries .

Last edited:
Online Lessons for Learning Guitar

Hi, I am Andy Partridge and I'm personally teaching guitar online. You can subscribe on my YouTube channel for an updated lessons. Just type GuitarCoachMag on YouTube. You can also master easy guitar songs in just a couple of minutes. Learn here https://guitarcoachmag.com/easy-guitar-songs/

Good luck!

Last edited:
I have been taking lessons with a great online guitar teacher called Owen Evans, he has really helped me to learn to play the guitar over the last four years. Lessons are always fun, he is really chilled out & learning online doesn't seem to be too much of a problem nowadayas as long as you have a decent wifi - you can read more about his lessons here: Online Guitar Lessons.

Top Bottom