Ukulele Stores

kiduke310

Reaction score
This might serve as a sort of traveler's guide if enough people post things on it.

Simple task: give fellow UU members information on Ukulele stores in different cities.

As for me

I live in the El Segundo/Manhattan Beach area.

In El Segundo there's Kahanamoku's Swimboat (On Standard and Grand across the street from Cold Stones) If you go inside, tell the owner Mark that Daniel sent you.

Other than that the only other uke store I've been in is Dietez Bros
240 S. Sepulveda
Manhattan Beach CA, 90266
310-379-6799

it has a bigger selection but is a bit more pricey. but their 40% off sale is killer.

so I ask all of you, whether you live in Hawaii or Ohio, Alabama or Alaska, to let everyone know where YOU buy YOUR ukes.

shakalohana!

Sadly no Uke shops in my area..
There is one shop that has one cheap Morgan Soprano thought..

this is a great idea but is there a more organized way to do this? im thinkning the most organized way to do this would be for the OP to constantly update the og post.... while seperating each by state....but that is a lot of tedious work.

this is a great idea but is there a more organized way to do this? im thinkning the most organized way to do this would be for the OP to constantly update the og post.... while seperating each by state....but that is a lot of tedious work.

yeah that makes loads of sense.
having one state per thing would be great.
so that's like however many states actually have enough Uke influence to have loads of shops and w/e
and then we have each of those in a separate thread
then we post one final one where it just labels the threads by the state, then UU users can click the links and find shops in that state sorta thing.

but we also need international. so depending on how many people do this or if i can get a moderator or someone who knows how to work UU better, maybe we can make like the Uke Store Directory of the World. LOL

It can be done but it's gonna take time gathering, compiling and editing the info. I think this format would be best, but open for suggestions.
Example:
Momilani's
Oceanside Village Square
1906 Oceanside Blvd. #K
Oceanside, CA 92054
760 754 1276
Fax 760 754 1206
http://www.momilanis.com/index.html

It can be done but it's gonna take time gathering, compiling and editing the info. I think this format would be best, but open for suggestions.
Example:
Momilani's
Oceanside Village Square
1906 Oceanside Blvd. #K
Oceanside, CA 92054
760 754 1276
Fax 760 754 1206
http://www.momilanis.com/index.html

Yeah. If we got each person to put one or two stores they love, require info from them

name of store
phone number
fax number
website
- short discription

and if each person made the title the name of the state.

It'd be easier to sort

What a good idea. I'm sure it would be of great help when people are visiting an area or are new to ukulele and aren't sure where to shop. Sadly, in the Twin Cities we really don't have a lot of places to get quality ukes.

When in Louisville, visit:

Guitar Emporium
1610 Bardstown Rd
Louisville, KY 40205-1210
(502) 459-4153
http://www.guitar-emporium.com/cgi-bin/quickdb.cgi?searchstring=u

Notes: GE usually has a Flea or Fluke or two in stock. Also the basic Mahalo ukes and sometimes a vintage uke.

Steilberg String Instruments
4029 Bardstown Rd.
Louisville, KY 40218
(502) 491-2337
http://www.stringinstruments.com/

Notes: They've recently started carrying Makai ukes, which include a couple of Koa models. They also have a handful of Oscar Schmidt ukes. I go there because they have beautiful Taylor and Breedlove guitars and Breedlove mandolins.

I've started working on this and I've provided an example . . . seems California and Hawai'i looks like to have the biggest list and will probably have their own space. Open to comments, suggestions.

Mainland Ukes has a retail shop with a few Fleas, Flukes, used ukes, parts and of course lots of Mainland Ukes.

Mainland Ukes
90 W Washington St
Nashville Indiana 47448
812-988-6760
Open M-F 10 to 4 and sometimes weekends.

• New York

Burnunzio Uptown Music
122 East Avenue
Rochester, New York 14604
(585) 473-6140
http://bernunzio.com/

Check the website out... enough to make you droooool. I'd been playing almost a year before I even knew this place existed- & it's only about 20 mins from my house. Man, was I pissed no one had told me!

East Village Music is pretty neat. Only place around here that sells Mainland.
21 East 3rd Street (between Bowery and 2nd Ave)
New York, NY 10003
(212) 991-4930

Also in NY,

Matt Umanov Guitars
273 Bleecker St.
New York, NY 10014
(212) 675-2157

Matt's carries vintage Gibsons and Martins, as well as new Kamakas.

Mandolin Brothers
629 Forest Ave
Staten Island, NY 10310-2576
(718) 981-8585

Mandolin Bros. has lots of new Kamakas, vintage Martins, Flukes/Fleas, Nationals, and a Kiwaya or two.

Mandolin Brothers
629 Forest Ave
Staten Island, NY 10310-2576
(718) 981-8585

Mandolin Bros. has lots of new Kamakas, vintage Martins, Flukes/Fleas, Nationals, and a Kiwaya or two.

+1 for Mandolin Bros. I bought my Kamaka there. Excellent selection, service and price.

Yeah. If we got each person to put one or two stores they love, require info from them

name of store
phone number
fax number
website
- short discription

and if each person made the title the name of the state.

It'd be easier to sort

I think it would be nice to add a notation on how large their uke selection is, like was there approx. 5 ukes, or 50 ukes.

I think it would be nice to add a notation on how large their uke selection is, like was there approx. 5 ukes, or 50 ukes.

Yeah, thats what the "notes" section at the bottom is for.
users can explain the selection, if they know the guy, etc. but yeah.
i believe a selection selection should be added. LOL

Top Bottom