Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Ukulele Stores

Aloha All ~

This is GiGi Wong-Monaco, co-owner of Wonderwall Music Shoppe. I joined Ukulele Underground some time ago but have not kept up until I discovered this thread about Wonderwall being an online store only. Oh no, this is not true.

Wonderwall Music Shoppe is very much a 'brick and mortor' business. It relocated from Oak Park to Chicago Heights and has a fantastically, upgraded showroom and a huge selection of ukuleles. Private lessons in ukulele and sitar are given on-site, group ukulele lessons and an ukulele meetup also takes place at Wonderwall.

Hope this clarifies any misinformation. If you or anyone you know has any questions, please send me a private message. I'd love to hear from you. Please checkout our updated website and Facebook.

Glad to be a part of Ukulele Underground!

Mahalo me ka Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!
    GiGi Wong-Monaco

Thanks GiGi and ukegirl for the updates on Wonderwall. I was just tryng to make sure folks around here are aware there is a better alternative to GC for a new uke. Glad you are settled in to the new place!
    John Glover
    Naperville, IL

Koalana Soprano KSA-00
    Islander MS-4
    Islander MSC-4
    Pono MC
    Lanikai LU-22CGC
    Pono PT-6E

Hi guys,

Sorry to post up again, just thought I should mention that dreamukes is working with Kimo Hussey now! This means we have a Hawai'ian presence as well as the ability to showcase ukes where ever we travel!

Warmest regards,
    Terence
    www.dreamukes.com
    ukes for sale!
    G string concert
    Char Tenor
    Compass Rose tenor
    Kawika tenor

Quote Originally Posted by pakhan View Post
    Hi guys,

Sorry to post up again, just thought I should mention that dreamukes is working with Kimo Hussey now! This means we have a Hawai'ian presence as well as the ability to showcase ukes where ever we travel!

Warmest regards,
    Terence
    www.dreamukes.com

Congrats on having Kimo Hussey working with you..he is truly a nice person who spreads Aloha around the World..and is one of the best ukulele players in the world, if not the best
    Kanile'a K-2 Concert,Ko'Aloha Super Concert,Maui Music 1998 Koa Tenor,Compass Rose Koa Tenor,Graziano Koa Tenor,Kamaka HF3-S,Moore Bettah Milo/Sitka Spruce Tenor,DeVine mother of curl Koa/Engleman Spruce Tenor,Ko'olau Indo Rosewood/Sinker Redwood Tenor,Washburn Lyon and Healy 1936 Bell shaped soprano,Lfdm Bastogne Walnut/Carpathian Spruce Tenor,Rollo Scheurenbrand African Blackwood/Adirondack Spruce Tenor

You already have Artisan Guitars in Tennessee, but not these:

Tennessee

Shuff's Music
    118 3rd Avenue North
    Franklin, TN 37064
    (615) 790-6139
    http:www//shuffsmusic.com

Franklin is just south of Nashville. They are currently carrying Amahi/Snail and Eddy Finn.

World Music Nashville
    7069 US 70 South
    Nashville, TN 37221
    (615) 425-0256
    http://www.worldmusicnashville.com

World Music is in Metropolitan Nashville, in the Bellevue area. They stock Makala, Kala, Amahi, Lanikai, and Yamaha.

Two Old Hippies
    401 12th Avenue South
    Nashville, TN 37203
    (615) 254-7999
    http://www.twooldhippies.com

This is in downtown Nashville, They carry Kala, and Breedlove--maybe more. They mostly concentrate on guitars.

I also notice that your list does not include the store from post number 104 in Kingsport, TN.

Is the list still being updated? Has this store been added--then removed for some reason?
    Last edited by Futurethink; 03-09-2015 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Added to brands carried by World Music

I apologize for lacking in this area of updates; just too many things on my plate and not enough hours in the day. Thank you for the additions and will try to work the list when I can.

Nana ka maka; ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
    pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes; listen with the ears; shut the mouth.
    Thus one learns.

another store for

Tennessee

Gruhn Guitars
    2120 8th Avenue South
    Nashville, TN 37204
    (615) 246-2033
    http://guitars.com/inventory?field_i...ategory_tid=21

Inventory varies because much is vintage, and can include Beard, Collings, Kala, Leonard Young, Martin, Regal, Schoen, Takumi, Washburn.

In the Chicago area, this place has a decent selection (i.e. better than Guitar Center, or Sam Ash, which both have a few ukes)

https://www.oldtownschool.org/musicstore/

Vista (North County San Diego), California

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaka916 View Post
    I apologize for lacking in this area of updates; just too many things on my plate and not enough hours in the day. Thank you for the additions and will try to work the list when I can.
    No worries. I can relate to this. Ric

Thread Information