Tommy Emmanuel...? Doyle Dykes...?

I've seen Tommy Emmanuel twice. He's a world class talent and a generous, kind man. Lived with Chet Atkins for a while after leaving his native Australia. Chet called him the best guitar player he's ever seen. That's quite a compliment coming from Chet.

Dokes is a popular entertainer and a good player. He's no Tommy, though.

Check out Monte Montgomery:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-twMy33FRbU&feature=related

tommy emmanuel is such a beast.
i love how he rocks his worn down guitars too.

That version of classical gas is sooo rad. I love when he decides it would be a good idea to kick his mic's ass. He even head butts it.. :eek: Too random.

I'm planning on going to an Emmanuel concert for my birthday present/shindig. I have to get a band-wagon together. Just two more...

yes, this video with jake and tommy is very cool, one of my favorites

I've seen Tommy Emmanuel twice. He's a world class talent and a generous, kind man. Lived with Chet Atkins for a while after leaving his native Australia. Chet called him the best guitar player he's ever seen. That's quite a compliment coming from Chet.

Dokes is a popular entertainer and a good player. He's no Tommy, though.

Check out Monte Montgomery:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-twMy33FRbU&feature=related

Kind of funny that you say that. Taked from an interview in Vintage Guitar Magazine with Chet Atkins:

VG "You've played and recorded with so many of the greats, is there anybody out there that you personally would pay to go see?"

CA "People like Doyle Dykes, who is just an amazing finger picker, I think."

As much as he admires ommy, Chet's lomngstanding admiration for Doyle is also pretty well known.

Top Bottom