Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Yep, I need to get a life

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Maybe, maybe not, I'm not sure

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

CoffeeMate

Reaction score
We were without an internet connection for 10 days, I thought I would go insane. I felt completely disconnected from the world. I use the internet more now than I have ever before. If it's not game night, I'm not at work or I'm not practicing my uke, I'm usually doing something on the internet. That's kinda pathetic, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I am please to be connected again...now for the 100+ youtube videos I need to watch .Y'all are prolific!

I was without the internet once. I nearly died.

I think I could be desensitized but I'd probably have to be doing something like spending six months hiking the Appalachian Trail.

I'll let you know how I really feel after I get back from vacation. Right now I'm voting maybe, maybe not. But after 9 days without UU, I may change my mind to I need to get a life. I work part-time and most of my friends work full-time. I always have someone to "play" with here anytime I want. It's a tough one.

I depend on it for work... but at home I could live without it. Not denying that life would suck though... The internet is awesome.

Feel exactly the same!!

The other night I walked away from the computer and read a book.....it was awesome!

Hang on - let me see what Google has to say on the subject...

I remember how, back when I was a kid, I would wonder something like "why does that guy playing Ernest T. Bass's Army recruiter look so familiar?" or "what was that big song that Blue Oyster Cult did? No, not 'Don't Fear the Reaper'?... the other one?"

And then I would have to just sit there not knowing! It was just something you learned to live with.

Also, if you wanted to buy a book or a record album, you would have to go to this things we used to have back then called a bookstores and record stores. Of course, they wouldn't always have the item you were looking for, and the only thing you could do was have them order it for you, and you'd come back in pick it up in a week or so. Paying full retail price and tax, of course. :eek:

It was awful. I ain't never goin' back to those dark times.

JJ

I remember how, back when I was a kid, I would wonder something like "why does that guy playing Ernest T. Bass's Army recruiter look so familiar?" or "what was that big song that Blue Oyster Cult did? No, not 'Don't Fear the Reaper'?... the other one?"

And then I would have to just sit there not knowing! It was just something you learned to live with.

Also, if you wanted to buy a book or a record album, you would have to go to this things we used to have back then called a bookstores and record stores. Of course, they wouldn't always have the item you were looking for, and the only thing you could do was have them order it for you, and you'd come back in pick it up in a week or so. Paying full retail price and tax, of course. :eek:

It was awful. I ain't never goin' back to those dark times.

JJ

Wasn't there also something called the library?

Hang on - let me see what Google has to say on the subject...

All mighty Google knows EVERYTHING

The other night I walked away from the computer and read a book.....it was awesome!

Yep books are great, I read lots of them....online :p paper ones are nice too

I can't live without it... For the most part... But I go a week every year without it and I do fine. I however cannotgo without technology... Thats why I am the media director at camp... No internet but I have 2 laptops at my disposal... :D

Top Bottom