If you could have ANY ukulele

ukulelearp

Reaction score
If you could have any ukulele, what would it be? Just curious.

The most expensive/rarest museum piece ever. Then you could auction it off for like a gazilion dollars and buy all the cool ukes you want....right?

The most expensive/rarest museum piece ever. Then you could auction it off for like a gazilion dollars and buy all the cool ukes you want....right?

That reminds me of what little kids say when given three wishes...

Wish for more wishes!

Last edited:
Tenor Honu Deluxe Big Island
Moore Bettah Macadamia nut tenor (drool)
Kala Acacia Tenor

Million pound solid 24k gold, encrusted with flawless diamonds rubies and sapphires, emeralds. With a Platinum case.

My Ko'olau M300 SP Tenor with Brazilian rosewood and spruce top. It also has an ebony fretboard with radius, slotted ebony head stock and ebony bridge with pins.
Ko'olau M300SP

Last edited:
I like Hobgoblin Steve's first choice! I actually hope to own that one next!

Tenor Honu Deluxe Big Island
Kamaka Tenor
G String Tenor

Jake Shimabukuruo's personal Kamaka slotted headstock tenor.

Last edited:
How could I possibly know the answer to that?? I live in Wisconsin, and have never been to Hawaii.... I know that it would be from there. I really like the body shapes of Ogatas but I'd like a more traditional soundhole than a lot of what he has on ebay, and of course, I've never heard one..

Pretty Much I would like a solid koa tenor cutaway geared tuners, rosewood fretboard, not too gaudy really clean looking with some nice simple bindings of some honey colored koa, simple rosette, I like a real sharp cutaway... some elctronics..

I guess my dream uke wouldn't be like SUPER rediculously expensive..

I like the look of Hummingbird ukuleles a lot...

Last edited:
The main thing I want out of a uke is FUN, so I frankly wouldn't be comfortable with an extremely rare/expensive one. I do hope to travel to Hawaii again someday, where I would like to hand pick a nice uke, but even then I can't see spending much over $500 for something that I haul around to the beach or the dog park.

But I'm pretty utilitarian with my stuff - I'd pick a Honda over a Mercedes, for example, simply because to me they just represent reliable transportation, which is all I want from a car, and the Honda provides it at a more reasonable price. So I don't salivate over BMWs or 3000-dollar ukes any more than I do over Jeep Wranglers and koa Flukes.

A KoAloha Pineapple Sundae for me!!:):):)

Kanilea Tenor with straight grain koa top and curly koa back and sides, ebony binding, maple rosette, my chinese name inlaid on the ebony fretboard, Fishman matrix active pickup.

But for now, i'll just settle for my K1-T with the Fishman. It comes plenty close in terms of sound and awesomeness. :p

A custom made Milo wood pineapple concert with tenor neck (super concert). :D

My Kamaka HF3 Tenor
A KoAloha Pineapple Sundae
One of Dave's Banjoleles (I'm thinking the tenor)
A Koa Fluke with the expensive pickup
And one made from a log that Ahnko picks for me.

Top Bottom