Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: playing da uke at work?

Default playing da uke at work?

how many people here actually play uke at work?

menehune and i were exchanging messages about this on youtube and thought it would be a cool thread.

i basically have my own suite in a medical office building. so my "bosses" are never really around. but they have caught me on occasion playing my uke. but even they think its cool so they dont say anything. and my patients seem to like it whenever im practicing. so the more they like it the more i do it... but only during the late part of the work day when i dont have to be in four places at once. so early patients get to go home sooner, while the later patients are rewarded for their patience... if you wanna look at it that way.

being able to practice at work has made a huge impact on my playing abilities. and i still practice even more when i get home. and ive been kinda chronicling my progress through youtube. its pretty interesting to see the difference.

so how many of you out there are actually able to practice while at work? how has it helped you? and what kind of work do you do (for those looking for a career that will allow them to play uke while on the clock hahaha)?

I am night manager at a hotel and am widely known to play in my downtime. Everybody (fortunately) seems to accept it. Maybe its the "touch that case and die" attitude I seem to display that makes them leave me alone about it. They figure it must be important to me.
    Haha. No, your mother plays a "mini guitar". This is an ooo kooo le le. Can u say that with me?.....

I work at home.......

i'm teaching english in japan, so whenever i have downtime i'm free to do whatever i like.

i also work from home. so the real question is, how often do i take a break from playing music to do actual work? haha...

I'm a concrete mixer truck driver. I pack my fluke with me every day and play while I wait to be loaded or wait to unload. I play a lot but I'm not getting better at the rate I want
    Last edited by bluesuke; 04-07-2008 at 02:16 PM.

I occasionally bring my uke in to work if I already know things are gonna be kinda slow (and if I didn't bring the motorcycle in to work.. LOL)
    Poi Dog

Any play time you can sneak in is gravy. It all adds up. Most people feel they progress too slowly but teaching the fleas how to jump isn't easy. Takes time and consistency. The more you play the better you get. Simple.

I got caught playing guitar at work once, so I don't bring the uke in (although it is a stealth instrument). But it looks like my job is being outsourced to Bangalore so I'll have much more time for the uke.

Im a firemedic and I play my uke at work when I have down time, Also if I start getting really stressed out I will grab it and go out in the stalls and play IZ's wonderful world or something.

I have pulled the uke out at lunch time to show a guy that plays guitar. For the rest of the day the whole pre assembly department had summer breeze stuck in their brain. I am not sure that it is quality practise time, other than being able to play in front of people.

Thread Information