Votes: 123 22.2%
  • Not bad

Votes: 182 32.8%
  • My singing is bad

Votes: 199 35.9%
  • I don't know

Votes: 51 9.2%

• Total voters
I love when this old thread gets resurrected. Always looking for new insights on singing better. I am quite horrible but have improved from terribly horrible with lots of practice.

The fact is, everyone sings great. It's just that some folk are more critical listeners....

Better'n Taylor Swift, but practically everyone does.

I sing well enough that I'm not embarrassed to sing in front of others, or even large groups of people. Lol, maybe I should be, but I'm not.

My singing is OK and was much better when I rehearsed a lot (as in 40 years ago, when I was in high school drama and the church choir). Now? Meh.

But it's fun!

I know I am not fantastic but I feel I am okay. I also know that I sing much better when I am well rested, well hydrated (no caffine or alcohol), and not too full.

Of course, those things seldom happen all at once. :eek:

For some mysterious reason that I can't comprehend I'm killing it at karaoke, total soul diva. Otherwise I suck haha. I get nervous, my throat gets tight, and I can't sing and play at the same time anyway.

I don't think I posted on this thread yet, but if I did, sorry. I knew I didn't sing that well, but thought I was getting a little better until a few months ago when I started recording rehearsals of our ukulele group, The CC Strummers, to post online for everyone to practice to between rehearsals. Since I was fairly close to the mic, I could hear myself over everyone else, and damn, how awful. So now I either lip-sink or do nothing at all, won't subject anyone to that anymore.

My mother-in-law said I had a good voice.

:D

Well, she was a classical oboist, choir director, and music executive, so I trust her judgment there. But she never heard me in my early years of busking on street corners, singing until people threw money at me to stop. Maybe "singing better" means "knowing when to stop", eh?

Top Bottom