Show us your ukes!

here is my pono uke :p
2288963,P1040910.jpg

Where exactly?

Wow, for someone who just started playing 'multi-note' instruments, you had quite a collection going. That Pono you ordered should be nice, I was looking at their burled mango wood tenors, made me salivate... I amplify with a Vox amp, not too happy with it, still get drowned out by more than two other players...hmmm, I like that microcube, it looks retro, but I assume its readily available?

Yeah it was on sale at a local shop that has a decent selection of Bruko and Lanikai ukes. The shop owner was impressed with what his own microcube could do with a Risa uke stick, it does have a synergy. :)

I'm looking to trade up this summer to one of Pete Howlett's Uklectics (custom made, baby Les Paul), and I hope that good Microcube synergy continues. It has some handy Chorus, Delay, and Reverb effects and some decent amp modelers on board. :)

The Risa is my only uke at the moment, and ouch does it hurt. With it being the only uke, and the neck being shaped like a square stick, it really makes my hand cramp after not too long. I'm finding it doesn't do well as one's ONLY uke. Hopefully MGM finds a replacement Pono soon. The one he was gonna send was found to have buzzing issues. And thank goodness for sellers like him!

Tad, nice slipping that National sneakily into the thread. :D

Last edited:
Ok, so it's not really anything special, but this is my Uke and I love it!

2404268701_5f6ce10ed2.jpg

The desert scenery ain't bad either.

Dude, that's a great shot!

just got this lanikai tenor today.. it's purdy...

lanikai.jpg

oh yeah, it sounds good too!:) i'm so thrilled! new toy!

It is pretty... the body looks really big, though, I gotta say.

here are my uke pics
i actualy got Jake Shimabukuro to sign my black uke
now im afraid to play it

haha, ya i got my uke signed too and the signature came off.... i think it was fred that said it but someone put tape over jake's signature to keep it protected.

Here are pictures of my 4 babies.

first_uke.jpg

This was my first uke I got. I asked an uncle who retired and started making to make me one. Took a while. When was done, I found out my parents paid him and gave it to me for xmas.

second_uke.jpg

This is my second uke. Bought from MGM. It's a Koa Pono. It's "PKT". Aquila strings. Nice action. Plays with hardly any effort.

third_uke.jpg

I bought this one with a broken bridge...well, actually, the bridge just came off after being left in the car. Fixed up by Tangi Ukulele's. The sound is very full...being a Baritone. Unique thing is a bolt on neck and the heavy duty bracings. Unknown who the maker is. Probably a guitar maker.

fourth_uke.jpg

This is my latest uke. I purchased the body wood from ebay. Its a very light colored curly Koa, possibly from the Big Island of Hawaii. The ukulele was made by Tangi Ukulele's. Probably my favorite now. I don't know if you would call this custom...somewhat.

I thnk maybe I need an 8-string one now???????

Top Bottom