Show us your ukes!

New Barron River Tenor. More photos can be seen in Uke Talk section.

Makers description:
Some of the most extraordinary Curly Australian Satin Box paired with Curly Australian Blackwood, Ringed Gidgee and Cedar. Rubner tuners, a MISI Air pickup system and finished in high gloss polyurethane. The fret board has a 40mm nut width at the clients request, and strung with Saverez and flat wound Tomastik-Infeld strings.

3074FF9E-5738-4D85-9C4E-55578FF726B3.jpg

Howdy, folks! New to the forum, but I just bought my third uke, and my first one where I spent more than $100. It's an Islander MAT-4, a tenor with spalted maple laminate. Loved it the moment I saw it, and had to have it the moment I played it.

islander.jpg

Howdy, folks! New to the forum, but I just bought my third uke, and my first one where I spent more than $100. It's an Islander MAT-4, a tenor with spalted maple laminate. Loved it the moment I saw it, and had to have it the moment I played it.

View attachment 112894

howdy and welcome to the forum! gorgeous uke!
honestly to me, some laminates sound as good or better than solid wood ones.
the spalted maple is so lovely.

Finally ordered one of my dream ukuleles (Kamaka HF-2D). It took a while to convince myself, but I haven't spent a single second regretting my decision. And to my surprise, it happened to be the anniversary edition I received.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg
Back1.jpgBack2.jpg

Finally ordered one of my dream ukuleles (Kamaka HF-2D). It took a while to convince myself, but I haven't spent a single second regretting my decision. And to my surprise, it happened to be the anniversary edition I received.

View attachment 113511View attachment 113512View attachment 113513
View attachment 113514View attachment 113515

Wow - I would buy a lotto ticket. I wish my surprises were the special anniversary edition of the item I purchased! Looks amazing! I love my Kamakas.

Wow - I would buy a lotto ticket. I wish my surprises were the special anniversary edition of the item I purchased! Looks amazing! I love my Kamakas.

Thanks! I certainly love this one. I think it may have been one of the final anniversary editions produced, given the date!

Serial.jpg

Way too many ukes... These are my current "keepers".... I've also got two Islanders listed on the marketplace for sale that aren't pictured (I like them, but just too many ukes!) ..... not to mention the pending arrivals of a guitalele and a Baritone.... Pesky UAS!

The little Flight travel uke on bottom isn't really a "keeper", though as much as I "I don't want to stick someone else with this junky uke so I am keeping it." Its e-string absolutely won't stay in tune more than a minute no matter what I do. It will probably just sit on my desk or wall being decorative.

Attachments

• Ukes.jpg
    Ukes.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
s-l1600 (1).jpg

Sam Kamaka Jr circ.1940/50's, Cigar Box Ukulele

My latest ukulele......aNueNue Moon Bird concert

Attachments

• DSCF1690.jpg
    DSCF1690.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCF1695.jpg
    DSCF1695.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCF1693.jpg
    DSCF1693.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 54
My newest impulse buy: a Kmise Tiger Flame "classical guitar head" concert scale. I'm really, really, pleasantly surprised with it! The build quality and QC is far and away better than most Kmise ukes I've seen (including one I own), it sounds and looks absolutely fantastic. It's too bad that my OCD really hates that the sticker inside it is crooked, because a 50CAD ukulele shouldn't look and sound this good :(

fOHtt8y.jpgaFNUjMg.jpgUbgdl4s.jpg
MAJ1XNT.jpg

My newest impulse buy: a Kmise Tiger Flame "classical guitar head" concert scale. I'm really, really, pleasantly surprised with it! The build quality and QC is far and away better than most Kmise ukes I've seen (including one I own), it sounds and looks absolutely fantastic. It's too bad that my OCD really hates that the sticker inside it is crooked, because a 50CAD ukulele shouldn't look and sound this good :(

View attachment 113961View attachment 113962View attachment 113963

View attachment 113965

I had one of them and the spruce top and both really nice. I was only sad they don't do any interesting models in soprano.

Recent purchase, a Jonathan Mann SEU-T. Really fun to play

2478AF8C-DE8D-4AA0-B1A9-3642120E6CAD.jpg
E3E45BD1-7C20-43EE-A1E1-EB4385C23716.jpg

Last edited:
E023C909-3E84-4065-AA25-6FB5FB1945C6.jpg
409D3D68-239B-476B-9B7A-5518994FA985.jpg
19E351B9-92C0-4BC9-BF0D-3F1F3BFD96E2.jpg
Currently in set-up at HMS. Should have it in a few weeks. Kaniléa K1-T satin.

Top Bottom