One Note Samba

Dominator

Reaction score
I've been working on this one a bit lately and the other day I tried to record it and it was a disaster. My wife and I went out tonight and enjoyed a nice dinner and a bottle of wine. When we got home I decided to give it another try. I made it through the entire arrangement on the first try and decided to leave well enough alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DsI7nC9YrE

I will have a tab ready soon.

Great version!

I just wonder (already did at James' version, what is this middle part? Not the drumming...
The beginning is One Note Samba, then come some chords that don't belong there (at least they are not part of any version of ONS that I know), and then the drumming, and back to the original ONS.
But these chords, which song is it?

Great version!

I just wonder (already did at James' version, what is this middle part? Not the drumming...
The beginning is One Note Samba, then come some chords that don't belong there (at least they are not part of any version of ONS that I know), and then the drumming, and back to the original ONS.

I have no idea Wolfgang. As I mentioned to you the other day I had never heard the original ONS prior to seeing the video of James. So I don't know what other song he has thrown in the middle. I can ask him and then get back to you.

Great version!

Maybe I'm listening to the wrong chords, but I think you are talking about those chords that sound an awful lot like those in the 2nd phrasing of Jakes 'Lets Dance'...athleast they sound similar, but then again, that is a common latin music combo.

Just my humble opinion...

Dom, digging the "one note" song groove. It's frustrating though. I don't have a low G ukulele to nail the vibe you got going. Been thinking about putting together a "dinner set" of uke songs to play once a week around this cow town. That one would be first on my list of songs to pick up. Guess I need to purchase a low G uke to get start. Hey, besides the nut and saddle hole problem, couldn't I just switch out my high G for the low G string on my tenor uke? Thanks...e.lo.....

Dom, digging the "one note" song groove. It's frustrating though. I don't have a low G ukulele to nail the vibe you got going. Been thinking about putting together a "dinner set" of uke songs to play once a week around this cow town. That one would be first on my list of songs to pick up. Guess I need to purchase a low G uke to get start. Hey, besides the nut and saddle hole problem, couldn't I just switch out my high G for the low G string on my tenor uke? Thanks...e.lo.....

E-Lo, try my version, it's for High-G

WS64, wow, very cool short version in high G! Think I'll steal your version and add the Dom middle section to it. Thanks for the video and the heads up! e.lo...

Maybe I'm listening to the wrong chords, but I think you are talking about those chords that sound an awful lot like those in the 2nd phrasing of Jakes 'Lets Dance'...athleast they sound similar, but then again, that is a common latin music combo.

Just my humble opinion...

The chords in question start at the 1:28 mark. I've emailed James to see if he can shed some light on it for us. Could take a number of days for him to get back to me though. It just depends on what he's up to.

Hey, besides the nut and saddle hole problem, couldn't I just switch out my high G for the low G string on my tenor uke? Thanks...e.lo.....

Sure you could. I put the low G on my uke and I didn't have to widen the nut slot. It seated fine and without buzzing. And like WS says, you can always work up his version in re-entrant.

Beautiful job with this one, Dom.

...looking forward to the tab so I can take a shot at some of it....

Very nice, Dom!! I was dancing to the whole thing! It looks amazingly fun to play!

To WS: Do you have tabs for the High-G version? I looked on your site, and couldn't find any. Looking forward to being able to play this!

Got an Email Response From James Hill

For WS64 or anyone else interested......James replied to my email and says that the middle part is just something he through in as "filler" but he really likes it so he continues to do it. He is on the road and hasn't had time to view my video yet but wants me to remind him to do so when he gets back home on the 20th. It will be good to get his honest feedback. He usually provides me with good sound advice.

Top Bottom