Ukulistas

Toubisard would have loved this idea had he lived.
I think that the flag should include the colours of all the nation in diagonal bands
with a circle left clear at the top left with a picture of a Ukulele in it.
However I do think that the revolutionary council should ask every one for ideas. 'It is a battle of ideas companeros'

So I take it that the revolutionary council is undecided on the flag. Will there ever be a banner under which we can all stand? Will there ever be a safe haven, a distant place where Ukulele players will make the glorious stand for freedom to be Ukulele players and express them selves with four strings the G high or low the C slightly flattened the perfect E and the sweet sounding A?
Are we going to talk about the flag or what?

To have your veto considered, you must explain. Haha.

I indeed a UU flag would be ridiculously awesome.. haha ryan could totally sell those to us haha..

But I really rather vote Ukester.. sorry Ukulista.. I just don't get it.
lol I'm not trying to bash the idea or say it's a bad idea or anything..
I just sincerely don't get it haha..
If we were to name ANYTHING after one own screennames I think the Seankys would be great hahaha

Why not just "Ukulist"?

Last edited:
Ukulist is good....In English speaking areas Ukulista for Latin speaking areas. Why don't we adopt variations. I speak Welsh (Celtic has some common thread with Latin) In Welsh I would be 'EWCWLYDDWYR' (pro. UKULITHWIR) you read it hear first. I like Latin languages so I favour Ukulista which melds Hawaiian with Portuguese. Others on this site like Ukulele Player and I bet some of the German Players would prefer Ukspeigle as an alternative. Or how about Ukuligraca or similar for Slavonic speaking players. Ukulist is good. I bet this thread dies real soon.

Did I mean Ukuspeiler or something similar? What day is it?

Most Germans would say "Ukulelenspieler". To me it's far too long I prefer Uker, but Ukulist sounds also pretty good in German [ooh-cool-east] with a short east. :cool: Monday 'til the end of week... ;)

Sorry! I didn't want to annoy you... :cheers:

'I play ukulele' in every language.

Ich bin ein Ukulelenspeiler. Ja. There are a lot of good players in Germany. And they have Risa and Bruko. Anyway you didn't annoy me I now know Ukulelespeiler. This brings me to another idea. How many languages can this site boast? What is 'I play ukulele' in every language?

Haha well, Ukulista, now that you brought it up to my attention, sounds alright.. hmmm Ukulist as well..
I really do like Ukester whoever came up with that lol.
It doesn't lean towards any specific languages and kinda funny idk..
My opinion isn't worth much hahaha

Still think UKESTER is village in the west of England. Just can't find it on the map.

Come on peoples

Come on peoples. This Ukulista thing has sat here for days. One of you has got to have another idea. ANYTHING.

No opinions

What, no opinion or suggestion in the entire world? Sorry state of affairs I say.
Any one for Gin and Tonic as the sun goes down?

Vodka cranberry -- and I'll make a toast to you! Except it'll take a few hours. It's only 6 here.

Drinks as the sun sets.

Thank you Sukie, a very pleasant shared moment.
New site suggestion.
Favorite drinks with favorite places.
Come and join Sukie and I on the terrace.

Top Bottom