Surfers

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I grew up surfing in San Francisco, Pacifica, Half Moon Bay and sometimes in Santa Cruz. When I went to San Francisco State University I surfed every day at Ocean Beach in San Francisco.....which can be an intense place to surf some days.

I still have all my boards and intend to surf again but these days with a house, a career, spending time with my wife and family, and playing ukulele, I just don't get in the water but every once in a while. However, I will always consider myself a surfer as it is in my heart and soul.

I have to say that walking up the beach with my dogs and my wife and talking story about surfing days is pretty great! Guess I am getting old eh?

aye brah, you live in san ramon? i live in martinez. we should hook up and jam, and go surf.

I think back in the day some guy from oz put 5 fins on a board and called it a "Bonzer".

I grew up surfin the Santa River jetty Area in HB. Then spent a few years longboarding WPB/Lakeworth FL.

Now livin in Denver my surfing is on SUP's on the lake or Kayaks in the whitewater.
There are a few guys that "surf" the standing waves on the Colorado River
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTCYNnagd_E&feature=related

Surfed a lot in high school. Went away for college. Came home on break. Friends took me out to Diamond Head after a year away in school. Could not move the next day. Arms and back were aching. Never surfed again...:(

I currently surf shortboard and longboard here at Virginia Beach and the Outer Banks of NC. I also compete in several amature surfing contests during the season. During surf competitions,and in-between our heats, my friends and I have ukulele jam sessions which adds that island flavor.
DSC_9165.jpg
DSC_6611.jpg
Is that you?

I currently surf shortboard and longboard here at Virginia Beach and the Outer Banks of NC. I also compete in several amature surfing contests during the season. During surf competitions,and in-between our heats, my friends and I have ukulele jam sessions which adds that island flavor.

Very cool pictures!

I sold my longboard a couple of years ago when I moved back to the UK, but now I'm in Australia again and I'm looking to pick up a mal. I was never much good, but enjoyed getting wet and sitting out the back with some friends in the mornings.
Still have my kitesurfing gear though and go out whenever it's windy. Not quite such an island style sport, but hey, it was made famous in Maui by some of the local watermen :)

Very cool pictures!

I sold my longboard a couple of years ago when I moved back to the UK, but now I'm in Australia again and I'm looking to pick up a mal. I was never much good, but enjoyed getting wet and sitting out the back with some friends in the mornings.
Still have my kitesurfing gear though and go out whenever it's windy. Not quite such an island style sport, but hey, it was made famous in Maui by some of the local watermen :)

yeah local watermen from france, canada, california. hahaha Local people can't afford to kiteboard or sail board for that matter.

nice pics dakine. your fam from hawai`i?

got shacked south of santa cruz this weekend, anybody else?

yeah local watermen from france, canada, california. hahaha Local people can't afford to kiteboard or sail board for that matter.

nice pics dakine. your fam from hawai`i?

got shacked south of santa cruz this weekend, anybody else?

Everyone i knew that kite boarded or sailboarded was either trustafarians or european.

I am definitely not a surfer, but I did enjoy seeing the "illegal" surfing in the English Garden in Munich this summer!

Windsurfer who sort of surfs.

Couple decades of windsurfing. Use to back in the '90s early '00s "surf" longboards. Morning session on some mellow Maui west side breaks before heading back to the Northshore for windsurfing some sweet waves. Did a bit of SUP down in S. America this past spring. The local break up here on the SouthShore (of Lake Superior) would be more suitable for SUP. Has me thinking!!!

I surf and currently live in Bali! if anyone's coming out here, let me know!

:D

Attachments

• crop2.jpg
    crop2.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 3
mavericks was firing, but i was hding in a little cove south of pigeon point that took the TOH sets and wrapped it around to a small clean right barrel. bodyboard and a couple of seals to keep me company.

we need to plan a december UU at the beach!

Iv been surfing for 25 years (currently 36yo) i still surf at least 1-2 times a week ( I live not far from Bells Beach AUST) i switch between my Bodyboard ( i surfed on the Bodyboarding world tour for 2 years in the 90's) and my long board depending on the conditions

I still do surf trips regularly with my mates to Hawaii and Indo....

Here's a few picks from the surf This week on the south coast of OZ

25758_404454550663_745760663_5484740_5778829_n.jpg

25758_404454540663_745760663_5484738_6485272_n.jpg

25758_404454535663_745760663_5484737_7032700_n.jpg

Sorry about the quality , they were taken with my phone just before i paddled out !

Regular British Surfer here,
Amazing to see all the swell everyone else get to see all over the world but over here its very Green and very Cold :)
Haven't taken my boards very far, furthest was a drunken trip to Spain for which i cant even remember where we actually were...
After going through many boards im currently very happy with a my custom shaped Mini-mal which seems to work best for the Great British seas :)

How did I miss this thread? Been surfing since dinosaurs ruled the earth, though haven't surfed since my last back surgery. Mostly longboard now (came back full circle longboard, gun, fishtail, longboard), though love to bodysurf Sandy's, and Makapu'u but been awhile.

I surf a few times a week here in West Oz. I own and run a surf shop 100m from Scarborough beach and shape a couple of boards a week. Waves are usually average here but get away north and south a few times a year to find the good ones.

Top Bottom