Legend of the Seeker

You've been away for a long time, Plainsong. We disagree here. We're just more respectful about it than other sites.

Sure. :) I mean that the vibe of this site is more about everyone getting along and that means agreeing with everyone else. People don't like to disagree here. It's just the nature of the community. Nothing wrong with that, only that sometimes we can misunderstand disagreeing on a point with disagreeing with each other. Every forum has a different vibe to it, it's just tough for me to sometimes gauge how to get along with the group here. I forgot that what's normal on one site won't be normal on another.

I was hardly slamming UU if that's what you mean. I get the feeling that I rubbed you the wrong way. Different forums just do things in different ways. It has nothing to do with mods or rules, just the people that make up the community itself. Just delete my posts if I said something wrong.
It does not mean agreeing with everyone else. It has to do with how people communicate their responses. The nature of most communities, I would hope is not jumping to conclusions, accusations, finger pointing and putting your words into a diplomatic response. As you can see, I didn't assume, jump to a conclusion or accuse you of slamming UU. I asked for an explanation and that's what I got.

And I can't say that people don't like to disagree here because I disagree with a lot... believe me. :)

I forgot that the nature of this site is to never discuss such things, but search around if you're interested in this discussion. I'm not discovering new ideas here. It's been talked about extensively, and I'm not saying something that hasn't been said by many already.

Actually, I am interested and have done searches but only found reference to it in McCreary's blog. Could you post links to the discussions?

I think most people here tend to agree to disagree. :) I'm not quite at that point yet - I might disagree now, but I feel I don't have enough info to really decide. So far, I"m not convinced, but I'm open to, and interested in, hearing the theories. Preferably from music sites that you mentioned earlier, and not from a BSG forum or McCreary's blog. I feel those viewpoints might be biased.

Top Bottom