My Ko'Aloha Story

Wow, I actually got goosebumps watching that video. Congradulations!

I guess if you had any UAS tendencies this should pretty much put a stone cold lockdown on it though. I can't imagine you ever want another uke. I mean, that's like the ultimate custom ukulele. :D

Congrats again!

I'm a cynical old SOB, and that even got to me... Congrats you two.

I loved Pops saying "it's like it's singing for you..."

Last edited:
I watched this morning! CONGRATS!!!!!

nice man what a perfect way to proposed

WOW!! i loved your story!!!!!! just LOVED IT!! i am a romantic also! and yes papa and the whole family are just GREAT GREAT people!!!! i got engaged on diamond head in december.. i also went to the shop... i am having a uke made for me as we speak and i am hoping to pick it up on the 10th of October when i get hitched in hawaii!!

koaloha = magic! for real.. best in the biz.. in sound.. and in people..

congrats man, i was tripping out when i heard you proposed, i would have congratulated you then, but they told me after you had left.

Congrats, Roberto. May you have a lifetime unique adventures together. I would have said happiness, but being married isn't always happy, but it is always worth it. I didn't even realize that you were THE Roberto.

We were talking about it after you left, and I put two and two together. Brian asked me to engrave something to a Roberto, a few weeks ago. I picked a nice graphic, plotted it out, and got it done. All the while, I was thinking, how nice. When you folks came and Brian introduced you, the light bulb wasn't even dim.

Cngrats Brah! All the happiness to both of you. I'm also glad you got to see a side of Hawai'i and what the Aloha Spirit is about. Not everyone who visits the islands has that opportunity. A truly cherishable moment.

Way cool. I feel like someone should start the "slow clap"....so here goes.......clap...........clap..........clap..............clap.......clap.....clap...clap..
clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclap
:shaka:

Congratulations Roberto and Jolene!!! Thanks for sharing this intimate moment. Wishing you many years of happiness and good health. KoAloha rocks!

WOW what an awesome event!!! God bless the KoAloha family and you Roberto and Jolene and have a very long and happy life together!!

What a wonderful story! Congratulations to you both. :)

Makes me glad I have a Ko'Aloha of my own - I like to support companies I believe in and which exemplify the way things should be done right!

Congratulations to the three of you. You've experienced what few guests to Hawaii ever do, the true meaning of ALOHA. May you bring that spirit into your marriage and carry it with you for the rest of your lives.
PAUL: Someone over there needs to get a minister's license! I can see it, Ko'Aloha Ukuleles and Wedding Chapel........

I've just gotten back home (to reality :( ). Thanks everyone for all the well wishes. The spirit of aloha started with Pops and just went on from there on every island we went to. Mismo (who worked at an art gallery in Honolulu) gave us a "to see" list for our visit to Big Island that took us off the more touristy path, Cynthia at the farmer's market in Kapaa gave us free coconuts to drink while talking to us about farming on Kauai, Uncle Joe (The Ukulele Store, Old Koloa Town) who talked to us for hours about everything from the differences between the islands, to the differences between Kauai now and Kauai of days gone by to the Reinstated Lawful Hawaiian Government and about ukuleles (of course) and his son, Samuel (Larry's Music in Kapaa) who let me play a 1920's Martin Soprano (I could only strum 3 chords for fear of breaking it or more likely, of buying it), Dave from the Hilo farmer's market who told us where we could go diving for lost golf balls on Kauai and Paul, a retiree living on Kauai, who we met in Lihue and then again in Chicago (he was flying out of Kauai the same time we were) who talked to us about playing the uke and then invited us to give him a call if we wanted to jam with him and his friends or find some good live music the next time we were on the islands.
Aloha was everywhere! This was truly the vacation of a lifetime. And not to get too preachy (I'm spiritual, but I don't often press my opinions on others) but as Papa Ko'Aloha told us, God really is everywhere you look (especially on the islands - or maybe God's just easier to see there where the pace is just a little slower and people enjoy stopping to smell the flowers at the side of the road instead of trampling them to get to their next meeting). I have this unbelieveable desire to pay it forward. Maybe that's the real gift of Hawai'i.

Amen, Rubbertoe. I've really enjoyed your travelog. Hawaii indeed seems to be a magical place for lots of people. That's why we love it so much.

Top Bottom