Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Auction: Ohana SK-70MG Spruce Top Soprano

Default For Auction: Ohana SK-70MG Spruce Top Soprano

Last edited by Matt Clara; 08-20-2009 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mattclara View Post
    ...maybe it's just me, but i like it better when items for sale that are listed here are not also on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by d-mace View Post
    ...maybe it's just me, but i like it better when items for sale that are listed here are not also on eBay.
    I like the heads up, especially if it is a good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by d-mace View Post
    especially when the person posting doesn't have many posts. It is ok to post it here first then go to ebay.

If there's a rule against it, and I'm in violation of that rule, I certainly apologize. If not, I did clearly mark the item as For Auction, so people would know and not click on the thread if they weren't interested.

If there's a rule against it, and I'm in violation of that rule, I certainly apologize. If not, I did clearly mark the item as For Auction, so people would know and not click on the thread if they weren't interested.
    Yes, you did good on all counts, especially putting "auction" in the subject line. I don't blame you for trying to get the most you can for your item while at the same time letting those who may be interested know that it's available. I don't know of any rule on UU against it.

Good luck on the auction!
    -Alan (UKISOCIETY)

My muse.

No rules just personal preference. I at first thought u were auctioning the uke here. sorry if I offended you but we are all different yet similiar.

I just mentioned it in the first place because I like to see the pics and details on this small site and go after the impulse buy as oppossed to jumping over to eBay and waiting for an auction to end. When UAS kicks in for me, I need it now!

No foul on your part

I think it makes us feel a little priviledged to have first cracks before it is offered to the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by haolejohn View Post
    I think it makes us feel a little priviledged to have first cracks before it is offered to the masses.
    As it turns out, I didn't even think of listing it here until quite late in the auction. I will possibly consider giving UU first crack at the next one. I say "possibly" because the auction went well beyond what I ever thought I'd get for it. As it ended up, I bought a uke, played it for two months, and turned around and sold it for more than I bought it. I'm now trying to convince my wife that that's proof positive I should buy more ukes, but she's not having any of it yet. I'm still riding high on my $22 profit!

Thread Information