Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For Auction: Ohana SK-70MG Spruce Top Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by mattclara View Post
    As it turns out, I didn't even think of listing it here until quite late in the auction. I will possibly consider giving UU first crack at the next one. I say "possibly" because the auction went well beyond what I ever thought I'd get for it. As it ended up, I bought a uke, played it for two months, and turned around and sold it for more than I bought it. I'm now trying to convince my wife that that's proof positive I should buy more ukes, but she's not having any of it yet. I'm still riding high on my $22 profit!
    That is funny. I haven't yet posted on ebay even though I know i could get more for the ukes that I sold on here but i feel like the ukes went to a new home. That is great that you made a profit. If my uke I have posted here doesn't sale in a week i suppose I can go to ebay with it. I doubt that I will make a profit but i might get more for it than what I want. Hopefully your wife will be fooled by your plot and then you will have many ukuleles.

When you take into consideration Paypal fees and Ebay fees... You probably broke even

Quote Originally Posted by dentuke View Post
    When you take into consideration Paypal fees and Ebay fees... You probably broke even
    $5.90 for PayPal, $1.80 for Ebay (auction insertions are currently free). So, yeah. Still, not bad for my first ukulele sale. I essentially used it for 2 months and was paid $13 for the trouble.

I take it the item is sold so I'm closing the thread.

Nana ka maka; ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
    pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes; listen with the ears; shut the mouth.
    Thus one learns.

Thread Information