Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: UU Mini Jam

If you are wondering what the UUMiniJams are I would like to explain what we do there. It is a website that has video chat and text chat enabled. You don't have to have a webcam to participate, you can use just a mic. Also, you do not have to play your first second or any time you are on the jam. The idea is to go and enjoy listening, possibly playing, or even just learning from the other people there. We ask questions to other players if we see something they did and we wonder how they did it, converse and all around just have a good time!

There is a text chat below the video chat, it will ask you for a username and password. You do not need to put in a password, but the username you use should be unique. If it is something like John, you will likely get an error that it is already registered or it will ask you for a password. Just go back and change your username and it should let you in!

*Because this is mainly adults meeting on an open forum, there is a 10pm EST time curfew for those younger than 18.*

One last thing.

When you go to the jam you will be greeted with a screen that looks like this:

Ignore the networking stuff and put in your desired name where you see mine and click Go.

Once that loads you will need to click:

Make sure to Enable Flash:

Then choose your webcam by clicking on it. You will then be brought to the microphone selection screen. Choose the correct one (if its your webcam it will be the same name as your webcam:

Click send.
    Last edited by UkuleleHill; 01-28-2011 at 11:42 AM.
    -Andy

YouTube|Twitter|E-Mail|The Blog|Facebook
    They're all snipes. Usually Seeso snipes them. He just tried it but didn't get it. HA! -sukie
    Katie replied, "You poho people are like drug addicts and you're each others drugs".- salukulady

Once you do that then click on Open Mic, choosing push to talk will not allow you to play a song unless you have the button depressed:

This should have you broadcasting...

To mute your mic you can click the Mic in the upper right and then choose Mute Microphone:

And you are good to go!

If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me!
    Last edited by UkuleleHill; 01-28-2011 at 11:42 AM.
    -Andy

They're all snipes. Usually Seeso snipes them. He just tried it but didn't get it. HA! -sukie
    Katie replied, "You poho people are like drug addicts and you're each others drugs".- salukulady

-Andy

Tonight was the best jam ever. Thank you Colin and Alex.
    UWC; only those who have not been can rationalize not going.

http://uuminijams.blogspot.com

Jam time!. It's just Lance and me right now and it's kind of awkward.

Camp Concert Flea
    Moore Bettah Tenor Ukulele "Melelani"

Youtube | Facebook http://twitter.com/#!/stephenUKE

Mainland red cedar tenor Lanikai O-8 from MIM! Luna HONU Soprano. Gold Tone Concert Banjo . I am converting people to the ukulele one strum at a time

ARGH!

Anyone on a Mac and Firefox?

The Cam permissions dialogue comes up for me, but is unclickable. I looked on Google and found others with the same problem, but no one had a fix.

Any ideas? I'm gonna try it in Safari and Chrome to see if it's a Firefox problem.
    Just loving life. I get to make music for a living because of you people.
    Thank you.

-Andy

Quote Originally Posted by UncleElvis View Post
    ARGH!

Anyone on a Mac and Firefox?

The Cam permissions dialogue comes up for me, but is unclickable. I looked on Google and found others with the same problem, but no one had a fix.

Any ideas? I'm gonna try it in Safari and Chrome to see if it's a Firefox problem.
    Let me know if you still are having issues after switching to Chrome and Safari... I know that others were having issues on their macs...
    -Andy

Yeah, sadly.

The dialogue responds and goes away, but the cam still doesn't work.
    I click "Reset Camera" and the green light comes on, then turns off.

Oh... and I'm on a Macbook... if that makes a difference.
    Just loving life. I get to make music for a living because of you people.
    Thank you.

Thread Information