What do you play when you can't think of anything else?

Blrfl

Reaction score
As a follow-on to Skrik's Own Up thread...

What song do you tend to break into if you can't think of anything else to play?

So far for me on the uke it's Five Foot Two, Eyes of Blue or Ain't She Sweet.

On the guitar it's Over the Hills and Far Away.

--Mark

"Boy from Laupahoehoe" the first hula I learned as a kid.

On uke, "Blue Skies" or "I'll See You In My Dreams." On guitar, "My Creole Belle" or "Louis Collins."

As the only thing I'm even close to competent at at this point is Death Cab for Cutie's I Will Follow, that's the one I turn to the most.

I start picking Marley, "No woman, no cry" while thinking of what to play.

Either "Keep Your Eyes On The Hands" or "Gilligan's Island".

Drop, Baby, drop

Lately for me on my uke it has been "Drop, Baby, drop" the chords and picking are easy or "Island in the Sun" by Weezer. Songs that are repetitive in chords and easy to remember, I find myself playing often. Good question it makes you think. Although, if you like to perform and sing for others I was told it is good to master at least 3 songs that you can play off the cuff.

Mahalo~Sonseeker30

Ring of fire or stand by me. I play ring of fire for my Grandad and he loves it, he sings along too! lol

Usually F.U.N from Spongebob, it was the first song I learned, or Island in the Sun which is a recent song that I picked up.

I usually play through the Star Spangled Banner at least once a day and also Black Mountain Side. I play Yesterday all the time, too- the version Jake teaches on his DVD.

If I don't play all the songs I've learned regularly, they fly right out of my head :(

Top Bottom