Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shipping costs

Default shipping costs

Any advice on shipping a Tenor from coast to coast? I just got quoted $77.22 for UPS Ground!

Can that be right?

I've been mailing some packages to Europe and I find US Postal Service to be way cheaper. Not that you can compare apples to oranges, but try them. I sent a concert uke to the Virgin islands for 11 dollars via USPS. I thought that was very reasonable. And it got there in less than a week. And it wasn't damaged. (Oh! I'm in Minnesota if that matters.)

I also find the US Postal Service to be the best choice. They are far and away the least expensive, pretty quick (Priority Mail) and have never lost or broken anything I've sent (knock on wood).

USPS is the cheapest way to go. Always ask them for shipping options. Sometimes Express is cheaper than Priority. Their tracking systems sucks though.

USPS almost completely ruined a solidbody I sent (insured over $200) to EricStetson on the forums... I felt so bad for the guy it was an awesome uke when I sent it... had it not been a solidbody it would have almost certainly been completely structurally ruined. Just happens to be my last personal experience with them. Have also had 2 good ones mailing through them, but after that, not again.
    Kala Tenor Solid Lacewood and Sprucetop cutaway
    Tenor Rosewood Eleuke
    Bushman Jenny Pineapple

Quote Originally Posted by deach View Post
    Their tracking systems sucks though.
    I didn't know they had one. Do you have to ask for the info? Or is it like FedEx where it's just automatic on the computer?

i recently shipped a uke from california to tennessee for $12.63 FedEx Ground. a very trackable option.

The best shipping is MGM shipping...you get your uke in 2 days from Hawaii and it doesn't cost you a dime.

"(knock on wood)."

Good tap tone? Solid or laminated?

Ukantor.

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    I didn't know they had one. Do you have to ask for the info? Or is it like FedEx where it's just automatic on the computer?
    Yes you have to ask for it.
    Like Deach mentioned, it is totally useless. The best info you can get is it arrived at your Post Office.

Like others mentioned, USPS is the cheapest, but I have to say $77 sounds a bit high, even for UPS.

Thread Information