idea for Ukulele Underground ukulele

Stosh

Reaction score
After reading the Kanilea dissappointment thread, I was wondering if the Ukulele Underground guys would be willing to do something in the opposite direction. Try to get a deal for members on a more affordable ukulele.

I wonder if they could work out a deal with Kala for some discounted tenors. Something along the lines of the one they are giving away. They could print out a small round UU sticker for the headstock and maybe full Ukulele Underground stickers for somewhere else on the body. I think this could appeal to many levels of players:

1. The advanced guys could always use a more inexpensive ukulele for traveling around, playing outside or loaning out to friends. The more financially secure members could even give them as gifts.
2. The intermediate members looking to step up from lower end ukuleles they started on. Or the people that started on affordable sopranos may want to explore another size ukulele.
3. The beginning ukulele player would have something to save for. It might stop some of them from buying that really cheap ukulele at the big box store and putting it in the closet a week later. It would also be nice for those people who don't don't know what a good ukulele is. Many parents ask me what a good ukulele is for their kids. This might help give them an idea.
4. Many people live in areas where there is no access to any ukuleles, or just bottom end ones.

It could lead to interesting threads like customizing your UU ukulele or where is yours?
I know discounts on the lower -middle-end ukuleles would not be too much but there are many people on the board who would benefit from even a small discount.

Just an idea. Keep up the good work.

Stosh

You guys must be mind readers cause we've been trying to figure out how to do this for a while.

great idea...UU can start up a club or something and we all get UU club ukulele and this can definately help increase the ukulele community. that would be pretty nice to get an uke with a UU symbol on it...i'd be proud to play it

I'd be up for that. I think one brand to consider, although he probably can't compete on price because his stuff is built locally and the whole euro to dollar thing, but I'd like to give a shout out to Rigk Sauer and Risa. He doesn't just build uke-sticks and steel string electrics. ;)

dude, a Risa uke stick custom for UU would be SIIIICKKKK. I would buy 5!

This is kinda funny as I've considered buying a couple of 'affordable' ukes to 'plant' at a couple of places I visit alot (friends, family, etc). On the selfish side, I don't have to worry as much about carting mine around in a hot car, and the homes I want to place them in have expressed at least a mild interest in picking them up anyways.

It would be nice to have something with the site address and/or logo too. So at the end of the day, I'd like to see this idea develop more as well.

Have fun!

Maybe work something out with Kala to make some Ukulele Underground ukes. Perhaps based on their painted series so the ukes would have the U.U. colors (brown, red, & white?) and the logo somewhere on the soundboard with maybe even the web address. Take deposits for the ukes being made so there's no real financial risk for the U.U. staff. These shouldn't be too expensive so they'll be accessible to many members here. I'd be down for one for sure.

Those Risas sound real nice, Plainsong. Thanks for the link.

Yeah I am jonesing for one of those sopranos and I don't even care for sopranos. Maybe a concert then. But yeah, problem is at €330 that's a big chunk of change. The ukes are all hand built by Risa, so no import stuff... so it's worth it, and the sound is great so you know that's worth it.... but it's not an impulse buy at all.

But yeah, I'd be game for a UU uke. :D

yae that's a definite yes for me. Great Idea bud!

I love this idea! I would buy one!

FYI.

The Ukulele Underground Ukulele just took one step closer to becoming a reality. Stay tuned guys and girls. It's going to be awesome.:D

Top Bottom