Bruko action adjustment?

Quick update on the open-C buzz issue.....

I've now changed to Worth Brown (medium) strings and the buzz is still there. It's nowhere near as pronounced, but it's enough to annoy.

I'm not really sure what to do now. I think it must be an issue with the nut because the buzz goes away if the string is fretted. I'm really hesitant to do anything drastic. Maybe I'll save my pennies and take it to a luthier/tech some time.

Quick update on the open-C buzz issue.....

I've now changed to Worth Brown (medium) strings and the buzz is still there. It's nowhere near as pronounced, but it's enough to annoy.

I'm not really sure what to do now. I think it must be an issue with the nut because the buzz goes away if the string is fretted. I'm really hesitant to do anything drastic. Maybe I'll save my pennies and take it to a luthier/tech some time.

Yeah its the nut with mine too, its not there when fretted. It is pretty annoying, but i think i will change the strings too. Im gonna sand away the slight wear when i restring 'cause i think that will help. It's gonna be second place soprano soon, just as soon as i get my KoAloha so its just my 'beater' anyway!

Sorry, Melissa. I was out at the weekly residency gig last night and didn't get a chance to check that action. :eek: I'll do it after work.

OK, open string height on both G and A comes out somewhere between 2.00mm and 2.5mm at 12th fret. My eyesight isn't really equal to the task, but if you twisted my arm for a firm figure I'd say it's about 2.3mm.

This one plays about right at that height. Another mil would make the action higher than ideal. If yours is 5mm... well, if it were mine I'd get it adjusted.

Okay, thanks very much for that Sir. I'm on it! Just as soon as i get my KoAloha off the Germans (Tracking says they've had it for a week!) I have no idea why they have it, but it makes me mad! lol

You've been very helpful! x

Top Bottom