derren brown

ukuleG

Reaction score
anyone from the uk just see Derren Brown predict the lottery numbers on live tv?. apparently on friday hes going to explain how he did it.:confused:

Yep, he "predicted" the winning numbers AFTER the draw had taken place. Why didn't he just buy a ticket - THAT would have impressed me.

Ukantor.

still hes gonna explain how he did it on friday. hes never claimed to be a magician or have any powers, and well he doesn't really need the money from a lottery win anyway hes probably rolling in it.

I'm quite a fan of Derren Brown, he does some amazing things and is a very good showman, but I thought the Lottery thing was a bit lame. He claimed he was not allowed to reveal the winning numbers before the BBC had done so, for some contractual reasons. That is balderdash! If he had revealed his numbers BEFORE the draw had taken place, that would have been a prediction - and (inevitably) would have been wrong.

I won't be able to watch the show on Friday, as I will be camping in the Forest of Dean with a bunch of ukulele playing buddies, but I predict that we will NOT all learn how to choose the winning lottery numbers.

Ukantor.

Two reasons he didn't announce his 'prediction' before the draw:

1/ Everyone would have bought tickets with those numbers and won
2/ It is not possible

I like Derren Brown because he does not (unlike many mentalists) claim any special or supernatural powers. He is, in fact, a 'magician' in the sense that David Copperfield et al are magicians - ie he is an illusionist.

His gift, however, is in debunking the nonsense peddled by mind readers, fortune tellers, clairvoyants, astrologers, mediums, palmists and the like. All these types of people are 'magicians' (illusionists) of one kind or another and he shows the malicious and confidence tricksters up for what they are - people who prey on the gullible and/or vulnerable.

I, for one, can't wait to see how he did it - I am sure that nobody will get rich using this method of 'prediction', but I bet it's interesting and innovative.

I 'predict' it is a version of the one-ahead principle used extensively in mentalism.

yeah hes a very clever man saw him live theres something about him thats slightly scary in person lol.

huge fan of his, seen all his shows and have his books but ya the lottery thing is obviously a trick and can't really happen, like most of his rightly named tricks, whole performance part is making it look real.

Top Bottom