Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kamaka Tenor owners - Hard case advice

Default Kamaka Tenor owners - Hard case advice

My tenor came with a rigid foam soft case. It's fine for light duty, but I would really like a proper hard case. A number of the tenor ukulele cases I have been looking at seem too large on all dimensions. Can anyone recommend a stock hard case that fits the Kamaka Tenor (HF-3) well?

Thanks for any suggestions, Douglas

Quote Originally Posted by sealcove View Post
    My tenor came with a rigid foam soft case. It's fine for light duty, but I would really like a proper hard case. A number of the tenor ukulele cases I have been looking at seem too large on all dimensions. Can anyone recommend a stock hard case that fits the Kamaka Tenor (HF-3) well?

Thanks for any suggestions, Douglas
    The best hard case known to man is Calton...but they cost as much as some mid-grade/high end ukes.

You're best bet is finding an Oahu or like brand from MGM. He's got all the goods and specs you need.

Mike DaSilva has some cases also (scroll to the bottom portion) . . . take a look at this baby.

Nana ka maka; ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
    pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes; listen with the ears; shut the mouth.
    Thus one learns.

Beautiful cases from DaSilva, thanks for sharing!

I was also hunting for a good case for the Kamaka Tenor for awhile, and there are many around and so I picked up a Ko'olau hardcase. Pretty decent too~

Ko'olau/O'ahu cases are awesome.
    1:99
    The PoHo Store

We've got a ukulele cool that can't be faked. -hoosierhiver
    ...if being a good person was easy no one would be a dick. -skitzic
    I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

Koolau case is the best for cost/value IMHO. See my photo album for shots of my Kamaka tenor in an Oahu case. It has a pickup so its a tight fit.
    Aloha,
    Ronnie

Protec is another way to go also. They're pretty tough.

I have the Kamaka tenor hard case that came with my ukulele. But I didn't order it direct from Kamaka so I'm not sure if they sell them on their own.

I actually have two of them...one for my Kanile'a as well, which always prompts people in Hawaii who see it to ask if it is a Kamaka inside.

I highly recommend this case because is is form fit to the ukulele, and has pretty good faux fur lining. The only downside is the lack of storage space, which leads me to put some strings, etc. under the headstock.

I had a strap installed on one of them, and I carry the other with the handle. The faux leather (or real, I'm not sure which it is) on the exterior does scrape on the edges if you aren't careful but I absolutely love this case.

For some reason, I can't get the image to post here, so you can see what it looks like by clicking on the link...
    http://ukuleleunderground.com/forum/...pictureid=3443

But I've heard lots of good things about the Ko'olau ones...
    Moore Bettah Kauai Dreams undersea inlay tenor "Hui Nani"
    Moore Bettah slothead offset soundhole tenor "Kula Leo"
    KoAloha KTMS-00 "Lokomaika'i"

Building and Owning a Bettah Ukulele: The story of Moore Bettah Ukuleles
    Listen With Your Heart: The KoAloha Ukulele Story
    Listen With Your Heart: The KoAloha Ukulele Story e-book edition

Quote Originally Posted by wickedwahine11 View Post
    I have the Kamaka tenor hard case that came with my ukulele. But I didn't order it direct from Kamaka so I'm not sure if they sell them on their own.

I actually have two of them...one for my Kanile'a as well, which always prompts people in Hawaii who see it to ask if it is a Kamaka inside.

I highly recommend this case because is is form fit to the ukulele, and has pretty good faux fur lining. The only downside is the lack of storage space, which leads me to put some strings, etc. under the headstock.

I had a strap installed on one of them, and I carry the other with the handle. The faux leather (or real, I'm not sure which it is) on the exterior does scrape on the edges if you aren't careful but I absolutely love this case.

For some reason, I can't get the image to post here, so you can see what it looks like by clicking on the link...
    http://ukuleleunderground.com/forum/...pictureid=3443

But I've heard lots of good things about the Ko'olau ones...
    Pretty sure thats the Kamaka case. Its not branded Kamaka but if you order a hard case from the factory they offer that case for an additional $60. I'm not sure how much it is if ordered separately. Might be the same.

If it is the same price then the Koolau will be more expensive but like I said, IMHO, its a nicer case.
    Aloha,
    Ronnie

I have a Ko'olau case for my Kamaka HF-3, and it fits like a clove with no wiggle. I have an Oahu case for my Kanile'a H-1T. I tried switching these two tenors into the other cases, but they fit best the way I have them. This Ko'olau link shows the prices and dimensions of each case (merchandise>ukulele cases>dimensions). http://www.koolauukulele.com/ As you can see they are slightly different in size. MGM might have them for less.
    Last edited by kailua; 09-11-2009 at 05:41 PM. Reason: ima idiot

Thread Information