Kamaka Tenor owners - Hard case advice

The Koolau case arrived today and as promised, it fits like a glove. Anyone need a foam case for a tenor (I think it is the one pictured below)? Free when I can find a box to ship it in.

UC-TEN_open.jpg

That case will work for me. Just let me know shipping.

Did you get the Koolau case with the red trim? I want one of those but they don't make them anymore.

The case I got looks to be of the same design shown in the picture (the hard case not the soft case), but it is brown, and there is no red thread or trim. Seems like a pretty good case for the money and my HF-3 fits in it perfectly with zero movement. I can take a picture of it if that would be helpful for anyone.

The new Koolau cases are brown while the Oahu cases are all black. The old Koolau cases had the red seam on the black case.

Really?? The red trim is what attracted me to the Koolau case.

I think - think - that the Ko'olau cases are all brown now (my last two have been) and the O'ahu cases are black with black stitching (not red). I have an O'ahu for my concert and a Ko'olau for my soprano (Kanile'as both). Both are perfect fits.

Scored an older model Ko'olau case with the red thread trim at the So Cal Uke Fest this past weekend for $70 tax included. It was a great deal but too nice to take as a travel case. I'll be using Sealcove's case for that.

I have the Kamaka tenor hard case that came with my ukulele. But I didn't order it direct from Kamaka so I'm not sure if they sell them on their own.

I actually have two of them...one for my Kanile'a as well, which always prompts people in Hawaii who see it to ask if it is a Kamaka inside.

I highly recommend this case because is is form fit to the ukulele, and has pretty good faux fur lining. The only downside is the lack of storage space, which leads me to put some strings, etc. under the headstock.

I had a strap installed on one of them, and I carry the other with the handle. The faux leather (or real, I'm not sure which it is) on the exterior does scrape on the edges if you aren't careful but I absolutely love this case.

For some reason, I can't get the image to post here, so you can see what it looks like by clicking on the link...
http://ukuleleunderground.com/forum/album.php?albumid=384&pictureid=3443

But I've heard lots of good things about the Ko'olau ones...

:agree: Sounds like we have the same case. It fits the uke like a glove and yes there is very little storage space but the fur (fake) lining is great. It traveled well with me from Hawaii to the Mainland.

Top Bottom