Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kamaka Tenor owners - Hard case advice

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaka916 View Post
    Mike DaSilva has some cases also (scroll to the bottom portion) . . . take a look at this baby.
    The DaSilva case is not a hard shell. Kind of soft. The great thing is the combination lock. (If you have kids running around, it's nice to have it locked up. Though you don't always want to have a key on you.) But you need to check your measurements. I tried to use this with my Moore Bettah tenor and it wouldn't fit. Was too small.

Hear me at http://metzgersongs.com

My collection:

Thanks for the info on the case, looks good tho.

Nana ka maka; ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
    pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes; listen with the ears; shut the mouth.
    Thus one learns.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaka916 View Post
    Thanks for the info on the case, looks good tho.
    It does look enticing. I was very hopeful - as I really wanted a combination lock. The only other way I knew to get one, was to pay over $300 to have a custom case made by Cedar Creek Cases.

So instead, here is what I did (hot tip): There is a company called G&G Quality cases. The owners are the guys that created the original Fender Guitar case for Leo Fender back in the 50's. I got in touch with them, and they're making me a custom case for $90 - one with a combination lock, and tweed on the outside. They had me send them a tracing of my uke, so it will really be custom fit. I'm amazed and appreciative that there was a resonable way to solve this and get what I needed. They can be found at: http://www.ggqualitycase.com/ If you want them to make one for you, just email them at info@ggqualitycase.com and tell them what you want - they'll give you a quote. You get to even pick out the color fur on the inside!

Hear me at http://metzgersongs.com

My collection:

You mentioned this in another thread, I think. I'll have to check out the site and keep them in mind. I have cases for both my tenors and I agree spending the extra $$ in getting a good, quality case to protect your investment.

Nana ka maka; ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
    pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes; listen with the ears; shut the mouth.
    Thus one learns.

Quote Originally Posted by sealcove View Post
    My tenor came with a rigid foam soft case. It's fine for light duty, but I would really like a proper hard case. A number of the tenor ukulele cases I have been looking at seem too large on all dimensions. Can anyone recommend a stock hard case that fits the Kamaka Tenor (HF-3) well?

Thanks for any suggestions, Douglas
    The best case you can get before you get into Jake S crazy Calton case territory is the Ameritage tenor case. I have one of these for my HF-3S and can't fault it, it's a perfect fit. Stong plywood design with an interior padding system that means your uke never directly touches any exterior material. It's humidity controlled and extremely well made, check it out:

http://www.finecases.com/browse/amer...tage-3306.html

Thanks for all of the great suggestions! From what I am seeing, I think the Ko'olau would be an easy choice for cost, fit, & ease of aquisition. The higher end cases are certainly fantastic, but probably overkill for my use. I have a fiberglass Eastman case for my Phoenix mandolin, and I wish they would branch out to uke cases.

The Koolau case arrived today and as promised, it fits like a glove. Anyone need a foam case for a tenor (I think it is the one pictured below)? Free when I can find a box to ship it in.

Check out the new uke crazy kala alligator cases with built in hygrometers........
    askmusicguymic@theukulelesite.com
    musicguymic@aol.com
    theukulelesite.com
    808-927-7297 808-622-8000

Quote Originally Posted by sealcove View Post
    The Koolau case arrived today and as promised, it fits like a glove.
    Whoa when I think Koolau case, I think of this ...

KAMAKA HF-3 | KOALOHA KTM-00-R | KANILEA K-1 C SF

Quote Originally Posted by the.ronin View Post
    Whoa when I think Koolau case, I think of this ...

That's what I got. The picture I posted above is of the old soft case that I need to get rid of.

Thread Information