Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Amplification Basics for Uke: Pickups, Mics, Preamps, Amps, Feedback

Morning guys, Hey and Merry Christmas to you all from us in the UK !!

I have an Epiphone Tenor Ukulele with built in pick up - When I attach it to my Pignose amp it sounds tinny and pretty awful. I am totally new to the subject of amplification and I have read the pages prior to this but a lot of it doesn't make much sense to me so please forgive me for my lack of knowledge.

But what can I do to improve the quality of the signal from the Epiphone? Can I pass it through something to adjust the treble and bass sounds before I put it into the Pignose?

Thank you in advance !!

Yes you can buy a pre amp which you plug your uke into then the preamp is plugged into the amplifier. They have dials that let you adjust the treble, mid and bass tones and other parameters.

There are many different makes and models with many different features. Prices vary accordingly but for $30 you can buy a Behringer V-Tone Acoustic ADI 21. These are highly regarded and praised by the acoustic guitar community, even by guys that own $400 pre amps, I am one of those.

20191210_130812.jpg
    Last edited by DownUpDave; 12-25-2019 at 01:52 AM.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields walnut pineapple super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Thanks for that Dave, I've ordered one off Amazon - it'll be here later today. I'll let you know what it then sounds like :-)

Thread Information