Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amplification Basics for Uke: Pickups, Mics, Preamps, Amps, Feedback

No probs. Hope you enjoy your custom uke.
    And whether the blood be highland, lowland or no,
    And whether the skin be black or white as the snow,
    Of kith and of kin we are one, be it right, be it wrong,
    As long as our hearts beat true to the lilt of a song.

Hey Everyone,

Does anyone have any recommendations for internal mics?

Hi xsl10,

The Fishman blend systems seem ok. I've tried out guitars with them in and they seemed fine.

In general, though, although I've personally had good experiences with the Washburn ROMP, most people I know have been less fortunate with internal mics in general. I think maybe I was lucky to have some decent anti-feedback measures available to me. Without those, internal mics can be a bit of a disaster area.

On balance these days I would advise people to avoid internal mics if they can, and to either play into an external mic or to use an undersaddle piezo. I have tried a couple of instruments recently which were fitted with Headway undersaddle pickups and the sound surprised the heck out of me. A very respectable and convincing acoustic kind of tone.

I have a Lanikai concert uke that I need to amplify in order to play with a band. Would a Dean Markley transducer be the wrong way to go?

BuddhUU,
    I'm new to this forum so please bear with me if this question has already been discussed.

I've got a Pono Baritone that you can plug an amp into (I use an Acoustic AG30) and it sounds great (to me anyway). My problem is that the plug-in, where the cord plugs into the uke, keeps backing out. Had it tighten once but here she come again. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Casey

Sorry, not quite sure what you mean.

Is it the nut coming loose that keeps a jack socket in place?

I haven't seen this one mentioned on the Forum, but I really like it. I put one (Dualie Player Inside'R) in to a uke last night, and it sounds great. My local music store, Long & McQuade, sells these for only $45.
    http://www.schattendesign.com/uke.htm
    Allan

Frequently Played
    National Triolian
    Godin Multi-Uke
    Kala 5-String
    Martin Style 2
    Koaloha Sceptre
    Other Instruments
    Harmonica, Lap Steel, Flute, Guitar

Guitar multi-band EQ pedals are available from Boss and, more affordably, from Behringer.
    Was going to get an EQ pedal and didn't want to spend a Ben for the Boss so was thinking about the Behringer., but after a little research found out that for $5 more folks were much happier with the Danelectro DJ-14C Fish & Chips, $30 on Amazon. Hasn't arrived yet but will post my 2 cents when it does.
    there is no substitute for LOVE

Hey Buddhuu, can I ask you a question about using a wireless system?
    I have the cordoba 20TM-CE tenor and it has a pickup and a 2 band eq. Wired into my system sounds really good but I wanted to try the Nady DKW-1 Wireless GT system. But I'm having a problem with overtones and a little bit of crackling. I've tried lowering my volume of the uke,my mixer and the transmitter, but I can't seem to get a clean sound. I know the Nady is an entry level system, but I've had a good experience with their lav system.

Would you know why it's not working? Would you know what I can try to make it work?
    Thanks.

I've got a nice baritone uke that I"d like to amplify. What would a good/inexpensive uke amp cost to install? I mean, approximately!.
    No, I'm not a pro, by any stretch. I'd just like to play stuff that I enjoy, but I"d love to amplify my baritone uke.
    I'd also like some feedback on the ROLAND MICRO CUBE amps, and if anyone likes them..
    Sad, but it just might be that amplification for a uke, might cost more than the uke?...

I"d love some info/advice...

thanks...."notalent31"....

Thread Information