Any Bass Players Out There?

I don't know if what I do with it qualifies as "playing", but I own a bass guitar. It mostly sits in its stand, collecting dust. I will pick it up when I hear a clever bass line that I think I can replicate, figure it out, then put the bass back in its stand. I don't even plug it in.

Poor, neglected bass. I feel bad for it sometimes. Then I pick up the uke. Much more convenient.

fo sho

hey man, yea i play some bass, i was getting pertty good, and then i got this little thing called a uke, and my bass playing has almost stopped...! but yea, can't beat four strings i guess.
i play(ed) bass a lot with a buddy who plays guitar, reel big fish, rage, and chili peppers are what we played a lot.

oh haha so today i finally got my little stick on pick up for the uke, but i only have a bass amp, so i plugged her in. it didnt sound to bad, just cut the bass and turned up the treble.

what kind of basses are people out there playing with?
i've currently have the ibanez acoustic electric black

i have a warlock bass for rock, and a stand-up mini-bass for ska/reggae/hawaiian.

what kind of basses are people out there playing with?
i've currently have the ibanez acoustic electric black

I have a solid body Washburn for rock and funk. And a Acoustic/Electric Ibanez for jazz. It's the Black ash Ibanez. Could we be playing the same bass?

I've played with my school's jazz band and now I'm starting to spread out and do some other stuff, like Beatle's tunes...

I love playing bass. I played bass for a few years in a band. I play a 3/4 scale Gretsch Electromatic.

Like this:

531589jpgxx9.jpg

I have a solid body Washburn for rock and funk. And a Acoustic/Electric Ibanez for jazz. It's the Black ash Ibanez. Could we be playing the same bass?

yea i bet it is, theres only 2 black ae ones i think. the plain black, and the exotic black wood one? mines the plain, but its cool. i like it better unplugged, thoughts?

yea i bet it is, theres only 2 black ae ones i think. the plain black, and the exotic black wood one? mines the plain, but its cool. i like it better unplugged, thoughts?

I like the way is sounds when it's unplugged, but I also like the way it sounds when it's plugged in, though not as much. It sounds great in the jazz band i play in. I also love the built in tuner!

i play a little bass. i play several different styles. but my most favorite is double thumb/slap from the funk era. Larry Graham and the Graham Central Station and Cameo are some of my most inspirational from that era.. Nowadays though, I'm lovin' marcus miller's style.

I'm into fusion and jazz stuff... it's a beauty

I love playing bass. I played bass for a few years in a band. I play a 3/4 scale Gretsch Electromatic.

Like this:

531589jpgxx9.jpg

DUDE! I got the exact same one! I LOVE IT! i like how its pretty much the size as a regular guitar! ok actually its mine and by brothers since we put our change (literally) together to buy it. but ya, I LOVE playing it also. Its So fun. I wish i could play the bass in my band but no one else will, or be able to play the lead guitar.

oh ya, I took off the pickguard on my bass. looks tough! haha!

I played bass and sang in a band in high school. We did a talent show...I think Seth and Aldrine remember that. Aldrine's band kicked everyone's patootey. :p

I'm primarliy a bassist who likes to dabble in other musical influences. i own a crappy rouge (if anyone has messed with musician's friend you know what im talking about) then i upgraded to a SX (essex) P\J Combo bass with upgraded pickups, and i recently got given a slammer bass by hamer i believe. just recently got rid of a Hondo (CRAP!) acoustic electric bass and couldnt be happier.

i rock a Behringer 120 combo, but i usually just go direct into a soundboard...

im kindof a freak when it comes to instruments...

(V)@

i play a little bass. i play several different styles. but my most favorite is double thumb/slap from the funk era. Larry Graham and the Graham Central Station and Cameo are some of my most inspirational from that era.. Nowadays though, I'm lovin' marcus miller's style.

marcus miller is the man! gotta love larry graham too though :p

in response to the original question....i play a poopy johnson bass, and have the worst amp in the world because im poor as hell. the music i play ranges from pretty much anything rock, ska, or punk, to prog rock and metal, with a little jazz from time to time :p

haha I used to play bass too, in jazz band in high school. i still take it out every once in a while, because it's a lot of fun....my bass is kind of crappy though, it's the she devil :D

shedevil.jpg

it's a fender p-bass with a headstock labeled jazz bass....i have no idea how that happened, i bought it used many years ago.

i played in an all girl punk band back in my high school days. i was the bassist / leadsinger. fun fun fun. i own a p-bass as well as my newwwwwwer edition... a cheapy acoustic electric. no , cheapy is not the brand. its just cheap and i like making words sound more fun. for example: funner.

bahaha.

my next instrument to perfect (okay, or just to get started on) is the cello.
very excited to start it out... whenever i can get the extra money to buy one.

I started out playing bass. my first was a musicman sub, which collects dust on ebay. but then my dad got a ukulele for xmas and inspired me to go out and buy a tenor and now i dnt have time for the bass.:(

I own a epiphone guitar bass 4 string a dean electric bass and a asbury from fender as well a 4 ukulele and a total of about 60 instruments

Top Bottom