Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Bass Players Out There?

Pretty much the only uke player that lives in Massachusettes...

Wink Any Bass Players Out There?

Hey guys,
    I know that theres alot of guitar players on this site, but are there any guys who play bass guitar? If there are what kind of stuff are you guys playing?
    Just wondering...
    (8^)+-(

I don't know if what I do with it qualifies as "playing", but I own a bass guitar. It mostly sits in its stand, collecting dust. I will pick it up when I hear a clever bass line that I think I can replicate, figure it out, then put the bass back in its stand. I don't even plug it in.

Poor, neglected bass. I feel bad for it sometimes. Then I pick up the uke. Much more convenient.
    Home Run <-- Sharing my sense of humor three times a week with tens of people, worldwide.

Default fo sho

hey man, yea i play some bass, i was getting pertty good, and then i got this little thing called a uke, and my bass playing has almost stopped...! but yea, can't beat four strings i guess.
    i play(ed) bass a lot with a buddy who plays guitar, reel big fish, rage, and chili peppers are what we played a lot.

oh haha so today i finally got my little stick on pick up for the uke, but i only have a bass amp, so i plugged her in. it didnt sound to bad, just cut the bass and turned up the treble.

what kind of basses are people out there playing with?
    i've currently have the ibanez acoustic electric black

i have a warlock bass for rock, and a stand-up mini-bass for ska/reggae/hawaiian.

what kind of basses are people out there playing with?
    i've currently have the ibanez acoustic electric black
    I have a solid body Washburn for rock and funk. And a Acoustic/Electric Ibanez for jazz. It's the Black ash Ibanez. Could we be playing the same bass?

I've played with my school's jazz band and now I'm starting to spread out and do some other stuff, like Beatle's tunes...

I love playing bass. I played bass for a few years in a band. I play a 3/4 scale Gretsch Electromatic.

Like this:

Quote Originally Posted by SMillette92 View Post
    I have a solid body Washburn for rock and funk. And a Acoustic/Electric Ibanez for jazz. It's the Black ash Ibanez. Could we be playing the same bass?
    yea i bet it is, theres only 2 black ae ones i think. the plain black, and the exotic black wood one? mines the plain, but its cool. i like it better unplugged, thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by dmassop View Post
    yea i bet it is, theres only 2 black ae ones i think. the plain black, and the exotic black wood one? mines the plain, but its cool. i like it better unplugged, thoughts?
    I like the way is sounds when it's unplugged, but I also like the way it sounds when it's plugged in, though not as much. It sounds great in the jazz band i play in. I also love the built in tuner!

i play a little bass. i play several different styles. but my most favorite is double thumb/slap from the funk era. Larry Graham and the Graham Central Station and Cameo are some of my most inspirational from that era.. Nowadays though, I'm lovin' marcus miller's style.
    yes, i play warcraft.
    yes, i have a girlfriend that plays warcraft too.
    no we're not asian.

...actually, we are.

I'm into fusion and jazz stuff... it's a beauty

Thread Information