Tiny tweak to the rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That strikes me as a nice note to end on.

Mods, I agree with the requests to close the thread while everyone's still friends.

I agree with Buddhuu - you'll never know how much restraint I had to use in the face of AgentORC's comments.

This topic has run its course.

Ukantor

Lock this thread...please I beg of you. Before I (or anyone on either side says something that we can't take back).

But for the record, no I don't choose to be thus way. Why would I choose to live a life (not lifestyle) where I cannot have my legal marriage recognized by the federal government. We get no marital tax benefits and no stimulus we don't even get the new car tax rebate because we are not a federally considered "family."Why would my spouse choose a life where she cannot serve openly in her nation's military? Why would I choose a life that subjects me to physical harm and public ridicule?

And yes, I could choose not to act in respect of who I am, if I wanted to die alone and unloved.

I respect a Christian's right to feel otherwise but no, I didn't choose this and even if I did - our nation respects the right of it's people to choose to practice any religion they wish. You don't have to be Christian, you could choose to practice Islam or Judaism or Buddhism but it is your right as an American to choose to be Christian. So I never really understood why it should matter whether being gay is a choice or not. And if you consider it a sin, so is eating shellfish, wearing polyester or working in Sunday. The Bible declares each to be an abomination. Just saying...

AgentORC we can agree to disagree but I appreciate that you mean well and are trying to reconcile your faith with your feelings.

Ukantor ... Your son is lucky to have you. :)

Sorry didn't mean to do a long diatribe again, I just felt as the token gay I was in a position to address the choice thing firsthand.

So, to keep the calm spirit, I'll lock this thread now. I think everything necessary has been brought up. Maybe Rayan should take a look at it since he and the other staff members have the final decision on whether or not the rules should be changed.

Peace, Love and Harmony!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom