Tell me about pineapple ukuleles

Pineapple-shaped bodies are, generally a bit larger than standard/traditional shapes, if you're measuring the volume of the body. That means a bit larger top board, as well. Both contribute to a different sound - a small edge towards more mid- and lower-range tones in the mix over traditional shapes. So that gives it the "warmer" sound. The larger top can also add volume and sustain.​

I think Aldrine did a sound test on that..

I have a soprano Flea which, while not technically a pineapple, is similar. I also have a traditional concert--Lanikai. The soprano has a brighter, louder, and more sustained sound than the concert. I'm not saying this is always the case; it depends on material, strings, etc. But that's my experience, plus I like the pineapple-ish shape.

I have a soprano Flea which, while not technically a pineapple, is similar. I also have a traditional concert--Lanikai. The soprano has a brighter, louder, and more sustained sound than the concert. I'm not saying this is always the case; it depends on material, strings, etc. But that's my experience, plus I like the pineapple-ish shape.

Just me and my
Fleacia Podcast
Can't beat the Flea for the amusement factor...

What exactly is your podcast called? I can't find it in iTunes. Help?

CountryMouse

Top Bottom