New CBU

cornfedgroove

Reaction score
Made this guy the other day...its my favorite one so far. 19 inch scale with d'addario baritone strings. I'm interested in how the tenors will sound on it, but I'm diggin the sound of the baritone right now. It's got great warmth, tone and good volume...alot of resonation. I really like the overall aesthetic, colors and grain patterns. Realistically, I should sell it...but I know I'd regret it, so I'll just hold onto it for now and see if the novelty wears off.

This was my first time with these tuners and with a glue-on bridge. I replaced the plastic saddle with some corian I shaped. I'm gonna just make my own bridge from now on since the factory spacing isnt exactly what I want, but this was a test run. Still gotta install the electronics, maybe lower the action a bit, but I always want to hurry up and play it:) It aint perfect, but she's all mine...and they're only getting better!

cigarboxes 138.jpgcigarboxes 139.jpgcigarboxes 140.jpg

Last edited:
Nicely done CFG. I can see how a box like that would give a full sound.

Cool. :cool:

Well done, mate.

Nice job. I got some factory bridges and found the spacing too wide as well. I picked up a couple of those boxes. They are a nice size. I sanded the back side down to make it thinner. I am going to make it a Baritone with the scale length around 510 mm.

keep building dude...

I'm gonna try to do a vid sample as soon as I can get some batteries

Top Bottom