singing tips?

Talking too! It should be forbidden without a special certification ;)
The same goes with writing.

Singing is one of the most natural talents of mankind and babies have the perfect breathing technique (this is why they can scream so excellent).
The problem is that most of us do not train it anymore after the kindergarten so we become bad at it (like with sports)

Remember that the key you sing in when at home is NOT the key you'll find comfortable when "On Stage". Live in front of an audience it's quite different, in that environment you will need to be a half step to a whole step higher. FWIW
Also, in the recording studio standing is NOT the best position for good diaphragm control, seated or half seated on a high stool relaxes the stomach muscles and allows greater diaphragm control for dynamics, vibrato and intonation.

Last edited:
There must certainly be techniques and training involved with singing, and not just about the range.. the other day I saw a concert with a full symphony orchestra and a few opera singers who went through some famous arias. At times the symphony orchestra played so loud that I (fairly far back in the audience) was almost reaching for my earplugs.

The singers though.. even just one of them singing alone could sing louder than the orchestra. No microphone, no amplification. I've heard opera singers in a smaller setting before (I think it's fair to say I'm not a patron of the opera so it's not been often) and been thoroughly blown away by the volume they could belt out.

-Tor

When you're singing really high, you might think you have to belt the notes to get them out, and I still do that many times because it's fun and it gives you this kind or R&B timbre that you need to use in certain situations. In reality, you should get quieter as you go higher. Just try it. PRACTICE.

Also, if you're anything like me, your range will change throughout the day. When I wake up, I have barely one octave, but a few hours later I have almost three octaves. When I wake up, my range is F2 - G3. My full range as of now (In modal range) is G2 - Eb5, (Yes, I lose some of my low end.) but I really have to belt anything above C5. In falsetto I can go almost an octave higher than that. (C6 on a good day) Don't get discouraged because of this. It just takes a lot of time by yourself practicing because you have no social life... Oh, is that just me?

Top Bottom