Need Help Converting a video, REally Important!

CoLmes

UU+
Reaction score
So Brittni is entering a contest. And We had to make a video for it.. I can't get it into the right format at all.

The formats can be flv, avi, mov, mp4, mpeg, mpg, wmv.

I have a mac and I'm trying to save it to any one of these versions but I can not figure it out!

We have to get it in today. Can anyone help?

MY dad use's VLC media player I have not worked with it so I really do not know how it works I think it works with Mac take a look. I hope this helps .

Is that a video converter? That's what I really need. I've downloaded a couple but they only let me convert half of the video. Like really?

You listed pretty much all the native MAC video formats. What exactly is the problem you're having? What format is the file in now?

Yeah it seems like this contest is not really MAC friendly...

To upload the file, it apparently has to be in one of those versions.

The converter Coffee sent me works but it converts the video from a good version to a really choppy version of the video. The music speeds up and slows down and the voice skips.

Right now the video is in .m4v I made it through iMovie and thats apparently the only way it exports as.

I need to convert it into a non-choppy version of itself in one of those listed formats.

Does anyone know/have a program that can do this and it won't be choppy?? I'll gladly send you the file to convert!

I just looked this up and it seems that M4V is based on a MPEG-4 codec. Try to save it as MPEG-4. Hopefully that will smooth out any of the quirks.

edit:

Do what Russ said, that M4V format and Quicktime are like peas and carrots.

Russ you are my hero!

And the thing about it is, I could have sworn that I saved a movie a long time ago as .mov i just couldn't remember how. But that helped so much man, thanks!

And everyone else thank you for helping, Brittni and I really appreciate it.

Right now the video is in Moderation Que so they have to look at it and when it gets posted on the site I'll post a link in one of the forums for it.

Thank you all again!

Top Bottom