Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: KoAloha Tenor Sceptre Review

Thanks for your help nongdam. You answered my question.

just fyi...

koaloha does sell factory specials (seconds) direct from them. here's a list of what brian was offering months ago and i would imagine you might be blessed enough to snag a sceptre if you are patient:

Soprano $380
    Soprano pineapple $380
    Pikake Soprano $365
    Pikake Concery $515
    Concert $545
    Super Concert $650
    D-VI tenor $825
    Pineapple Sunday $1,200
    Sceptre Tenor $825
    Sceptre concert $600

he said they could negotiate on a case and s&h w/ ins is extra. factory seconds from them might have obvious flaws, but you might again be blessed to find something that only a koaloha luthier would see and be bugged enough to offer it as a 2nd.

happy hunting!
    "God wen get so plenny love an aloha fo da peopo inside da world, dat he wen send me, his one an ony Boy, so dat everybody dat trus me no get cut off from God, but get da real kine life dat stay to da max foeva... Whoeva stay trus me, God no goin punish dem. But whoeva no trus me, garans God goin punish dem, cuz dey neva trus me, God's ony Boy."
    - John Tell Bout Jesus (John) 3:16, 18

http://www.koaloha.com/category/factory_specials/

that's the link for the page they've never updated. but if you drop them an email and ask for pics & info, i'm sure they'd be willing to oblige.
    "God wen get so plenny love an aloha fo da peopo inside da world, dat he wen send me, his one an ony Boy, so dat everybody dat trus me no get cut off from God, but get da real kine life dat stay to da max foeva... Whoeva stay trus me, God no goin punish dem. But whoeva no trus me, garans God goin punish dem, cuz dey neva trus me, God's ony Boy."
    - John Tell Bout Jesus (John) 3:16, 18

Where's the regular tenor factory second price. Ssshhh!! You are going to make it difficult for me to get a factory second now!! lol

I wouldn't mind a pineapple 2nd new for $1200 as long as it's just a minor flaw. This one I'm offered is $820 and fre shipping in mint condition with soft padded case. I just got an email back from him I should know In a little if I get it or not. Wish me luck.

Seems like it's about the right price as you will spend a little money on a new case. I've commented in the past about cases in your other replys so don't need to address again. If I had to choose one, I would keep my Sceptre over my Koaloha Tenor as there are many tenors out there but only one SCEPTRE!!

As much as there are factory seconds, it's not like they have a bunch out there and many are accounted for in advance. I've purchased two in the past and one had some excess glue on the bridge (wouldn't have noticed if not pointed out and my Kamaka Concert Retail had more glue showing overall) and another had a small ding on the back, which is noticeable but who looks at the back? Even if you hang your uke for display, you always showing the front. There's something about being the first owner (even if it's a factory second) and putting the first strum marks. Either way, can't go wrong...it's a matter of how long you want to wait. Good luck
    Last edited by Dan Uke; 08-13-2011 at 09:51 PM.

Thread Information