Introduce Yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey-o,
My name is Stacey, I'm in MA and I'm super new to ukulele. I started in March after getting laid off and I've been playing every day since. (oh, and I'm working a new job, so no worries) I've got a 12 year old boy who looks at me with teen angst and disdain when I play, but secretly, when I'm not around, he teaches himself songs by Wilco and Moldy Peaches, ha!

Ha ha ha! Welcome aboard, Stacey. Let us know if you need any help!

Hi! My name is Anne, and I live in West Chicago, Illinois. I started playing the Ukulele in March, and since then I've been learning so much, and having a lot of fun at the same time! It's really great to find out there are all these ukulele people online, and they're all super nice. I think that's part of what makes me want to stick with the ukulele, so I'm glad that I found the forums.

aloha from da 408!!!

aloha.. i am eric. musically known as emotion.

i am a san jose representative

i have been playing the uke for 6 months and have influenced my brother(the new guy), cousin( iamjamesmiles ) and many youths from my church to pick up the uke and strum away.. ukes have become an addiction for me.. haha. i love to play and sing. and learn new thangs.. also i am starting my uke collection.. God Bless. one

Hi!

My name name is Carl and I live in Sweden. I'm 15 years old and I've been playing ukulele for 1 year. Soon gonna start to play with some gain ;)

I write my own songs (chord and text songs) and we're gonna play one on my examination. Maybe I can ask I friend to tape it and show it to you guys.

I'm an active ukulele player and I'm looking forward to learn from you guys :D

Hi! My name is Anne, and I live in West Chicago, Illinois. I started playing the Ukulele in March, and since then I've been learning so much, and having a lot of fun at the same time! It's really great to find out there are all these ukulele people online, and they're all super nice. I think that's part of what makes me want to stick with the ukulele, so I'm glad that I found the forums.

Hello there, Anne. Nice to see another Illinois person on the boards. It was getting lonely... :(

Very glad that you decided to join up! Let us know if you need anything.

aloha.. i am eric. musically known as emotion.

i am a san jose representative

i have been playing the uke for 6 months and have influenced my brother(the new guy), cousin( iamjamesmiles ) and many youths from my church to pick up the uke and strum away.. ukes have become an addiction for me.. haha. i love to play and sing. and learn new thangs.. also i am starting my uke collection.. God Bless. one

Eric, what's up, man? Very cool that you're spreading the ukulele around.

There are a lot of folks up in your neck of the woods, especially San Francisco.

Hi!

My name name is Carl and I live in Sweden. I'm 15 years old and I've been playing ukulele for 1 year. Soon gonna start to play with some gain ;)

I write my own songs (chord and text songs) and we're gonna play one on my examination. Maybe I can ask I friend to tape it and show it to you guys.

Hey, Carl! Welcome to the boards. You should definitely tape your performance. Upload it to YouTube!

Peace.
Seeso.

Hi, just wanted to briefly introduce myself since i've started randomly posting in this forum :)

my name is ambika...i was living in honolulu until a last month, and i just really started playing the ukulele a few weeks ago. i'm moving to san francisco in a week. i've been playing the guitar for about eleven years.

these are really great forums for a beginning uke player, thanks for everything you administrators have done in setting up this community :)

I'm Dave, live in Columbus Ohio, just turned fifty, started with the ukulele about a year ago. I'm fortunate to have met up with some other like-minded people locally, and collectively we form the Central Ohio Uke Peeps :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/CentralOhioUkePeeps

I must admit I'm more into making things than playing music, but I've channeled that into a uke-related hobby: http://www.wsukes.com/

Hi Dave, and welcome to the forums. I visited your YouTube channel, is that Amber (ukebucket) I see with you guys? Very cool!

I've bookmarked your builder's site. Lovely looking instruments, and I look forward to spending more time checking them out. Do all of your instruments have that headstock style?

We just discovered UU through Seeso and it looks like a great place to visit!

We run a charter sailboat in the Virgin Islands. In late 2006 we started playing ukuleles and now we're addicted! It's incredible how much joy playing the ukulele has brought us.

Kim & Rich

Hopelessy Devoted To U(ke)
http://www.YouTube.com/user/SailQwest

Hey, sweet! I pointed some more peeps to the site! Awesome. Welcome, Kim and Rich. You live envious lives.

Howzit! I'm originally from Hilo, but now live up here on the tundra in Minnesota. Been playing uke since small kid time (and I'll be 55 this year). Still have and play the uke I took lessons on when I was 9. Mostly play a Gibson T-1 tenor and a Martin T-15 Tiple. Have a handful of soprano sized ukes as well. You can never have too many ukes (or guitars for that matter). Very interesting board and I'm quite pleased to have stumbled across it.

We're equally please to have you. Welcome aboard, brother! I'd like to see pictures of those ukes sometime. I've never seen a Gibson uke!

hey everyone! I'm Brian from carson/torrance ca...signed up for a few weeks now, and thought i should formally introduce myself...i've always wanted to play some type of instrument, but never really had the drive or passion to start. but recently my buddy was jammin' and i thought i'd give it a try since i'll have more time on my hands this summer...so far i love it!!! i cant wait to see a major progression haha

What's up, Brian? I bet you've already seen your major progression. Welcome to the boards!

Hi, just wanted to briefly introduce myself since i've started randomly posting in this forum :)

my name is ambika...i was living in honolulu until a last month, and i just really started playing the ukulele a few weeks ago. i'm moving to san francisco in a week. i've been playing the guitar for about eleven years.

these are really great forums for a beginning uke player, thanks for everything you administrators have done in setting up this community :)

Ambika, awesome name. There's a bunch of members here that live in San Francisco. In fact, they just had a jam last night! Maybe you can get in on the next one... Welcome to the boards!

:)

Hi i am leti

i live in cypress California (orange county)
i was born and raised in LA county though

i played guitar for about 5 years and always wanted to buy a ukulele

finally saved up enough money to buy myself one about 2 weeks ago!

YAY!

i am really excited to be here!

Last edited:
We're equally please to have you. Welcome aboard, brother! I'd like to see pictures of those ukes sometime. I've never seen a Gibson uke!

Thanks for the kind words. See my pic posted in the Uke p*** thread. Gibson didn't make as many models as Martin, or as many ukes, but the ones they did make were nice. I know they made both soprano and tenor models with varying degrees of ornamentation. The T-1 tenor I have is the plainest model. I have it strung up Bruddah IZ style and it plays and sounds great.

My name is Heather, and I'm from South Lake Tahoe California. I have been playing the Ukulele for approximately three months, and I've actually picked it up very quickly if i might say so myself.

Hey everyone, Jeremy here. Posted a thread like a month or two ago about what kind of uke to get, then disappeared for a while to catch back up in school. Anyways, i managed to finally save up and take a road trip to pick up a my first uke! It's a Kala Concert KA-C. I've been playing for a week and a half and have picked it up pretty fast. It's still taking some getting used to since the other instrument i've played is the piano. Starting to feel the calluses on my fingertips start to form! haha, still can't really play anything but a few chords. Currently trying to learn Honey Baby since it's really catchy and seems easy to play. Anyways, see you guys around!:nana::rock:

p.s. It's still equipped with the GHS strings XD. I know most of you recommend changing them asap, though I have absolutely NO knowledge on strings. Time to rummage through the forum for that thread~

Aloha!

First post here on the UU forums. My name is Adrian and I live in Corona, Ca. I just started playing Uke last summer so I'm still very much a newbie. Self taught for the most part using YouTube and the tutorials here. I'm really happy to have found this site as its been so helpful.

=]

hi my name is jesse
i live in sunnyvale CA (near san jose)

ive been playin' for 2 and a half months :cool:

Welcome Carl! Where in Sweden do you live? I have some relatives in Karlstad.

Hi!

Hello all,

My name is Chris Burndrett out of Atlanta, GA. I have my degree in Violin performance - been playing violin and guitar for about 25 yrs now. I performed and taught violin primarily for 14 years before going ahead and getting a "regular" job. I still play professionally - just not as much (my regular job gives me the opportunity to "cherry pick" the better gigs.) Also, I am currently apprenticing with my violin maker - and I'm about 1/4 of the way through my first violin.

I joined UU after receiving a Martin 3K Uke as a family heirloom (belonged to my great grandfather.) The replies to my inquiry have been extremely helpful and you guys seem like a great bunch of folks. I'm glad to be here!

Thank you,
Chris:bowdown:

Hey Everyone!!

Name: Tu'umalo
Currently Residing: Cedar City, Utah....(yea I know! lol)

Iv'e been playing ukulele for about 2 years strong. I jam alot during the long nights of mixing Kava!!!! Umm Kava! The Only downside is that not too many people know how to play the uke or guitar here in C-town so it mostly ends up me playin all night alone..hahaha. i love to jam and hopefully ill have some vids up on youtube soon. Check em out. youtube.com/tuumalo..

take care everybody!!!

RT

p.s. It's still equipped with the GHS strings XD. I know most of you recommend changing them asap, though I have absolutely NO knowledge on strings. Time to rummage through the forum for that thread~

Hi Jeremy, I knew nothing about changing strings either, but this video that Aldrine did in the "Uke Minutes" section was really helpful, and I've changed them now with no problems.

http://ukuleleunderground.com/category/ukeminute/page/4/

Hello everybody, thatguy431 here, otherwise known as Brandon Reinking.

I live in Cleveland, Ohio. Im a musician of sorts, primarily a bass player. I picked up an ukulele about a year ago, and, i gotta say, im in love with it!

I dont have any original music written for it yet, but ive done a few arrangements for it. Mostly video game tunes. Check it out if ya want...

www.youtube.com/thatguy431

if ya randomly wanna befriend me on myspace or something too, feel free www.myspace.com/bdawgthemasta

toodles,
Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom